Album Surfboards

smithgrind

Nep status
Dec 25, 2009
PNW
For what its worth the Gemini set has been by far my fav in my shorter round tail Townsend. I like my boards loose fyi and always struggle turning a little with longer rails/pins unless i run smaller fins. These gave me noticeably more pivot and playful feeling on the face
+1 on this. Running a pair of these in my 6'9" Sultwinn. Good combo of pivot/play in the face and drive/hold off the bottom.

Reactions: trifish and Havoc

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
The bullet looks cool! Although I might prefer to try a Mini Ghost first

XTR just finished my Twinsman. Exactly 2 months from start to finish, including custom airbrush. So maybe would have been a bit faster without that.
dang, nice. tough call deciding between XTR or varial for a bullet. i think either would be okay since it's kinda daily driver/small wave boar.

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
dang, nice. tough call deciding between XTR or varial for a bullet. i think either would be okay since it's kinda daily driver/small wave boar.
What's your favorite XTR tech for a small wave daily driver? Do you go 8.c with the wood stringer or something else?

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
What's your favorite XTR tech for a small wave daily driver? Do you go 8.c with the wood stringer or something else?
i've mostly gone stringered 8.c. small wave, daily drivers and a couple step ups in that build. no real complaints. i got one of the blue stringer with color strip ones and i liked it too but ended up breaking the nose off against my shin which i don't think would have happened w/ a wood stringer.

Reactions: Havoc and Sam_K

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
i've mostly gone stringered 8.c. small wave, daily drivers and a couple step ups in that build. no real complaints. i got one of the blue stringer with color strip ones and i liked it too but ended up breaking the nose off against my shin which i don't think would have happened w/ a wood stringer.
Alright nice, thanks for the info. I was questioning the integrity of a board without a stringer. Good to know that 8.c works well. I'm thinking about a Mini Ghost or the new Pyzel twin fin if he releases it soon.

Hope your bullet works out well too :shaka:

Reactions: Aruka

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Moonstone came in the mail today. Not immediately apparent from pics but it has a beak nose and pretty flat deck with a lot of volume carried out to the rails. Bottom looks like single to double concave about half way down. Gonna surf it in town tomorrow and home Sunday. I ordered a set of NVS fascination fins to go with the board at Chris' suggestion but they haven't come in the mail yet. Will be running Rasta upright twin fins in the meantime.

View attachment 116137
so how does it go?