Album Surfboards

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Thanks @Aruka for the insight and taking the time! Guess I need to get out on my Insanity soon see how it feels. Just been loving the Townsend. And still riding my old UTF a lot. I keep beating myself up that I should of gotten a lightbender instead of the Insanity. But I kind of like having a quad option that's why I mostly went with the Insanity but the Townsend has me thinking differently now and this thread.
I bet the lightblender would actually be a fun quad. Hmm…

Reactions: Aruka and MrSteve

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
Cool vid, it does however irk me that it's called a "review", instead of an "overview".

I'd have been a much better student if I marked my own assignments and exams.
lol... This is the newest model I've just come up with. It's basically OK, not quite as fast as I was hoping it would be though. I can't quite get the rocker dialed in, and I'm not sure why it slides out when I try to do a snappy top turn in pumping surf. But it does! So, yeah.

I call it the skatey. Pre-order yours today

Not saying that's the lightbender, but I you raise a good point haha

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
quite surprised he says some folks like keels in it. I’m thinking those cannot be folks who plan on making any turns.

these things have so much drive as is.

Reactions: Aruka

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
quite surprised he says some folks like keels in it. I’m thinking those cannot be folks who plan on making any turns.

these things have so much drive as is.
yeah i tried keels and hated it. maybe a semi keel like the alkali x album would be fun in the right conditions. i'm def a fan of the board but it doesn't have the built in drive of a keel fish IMO.

Reactions: j_mac and sdsrfr

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Don’t think the erBB contingent who have the disposable income to yolo Albums are young /dumb enough to think they pull off something that fugly. That’s gotta aimed at the Newport/ CDM/ San Clemente 20-somethings.

EntropyFletch

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 20, 2006
San Diego
yeah i tried keels and hated it. maybe a semi keel like the alkali x album would be fun in the right conditions. i'm def a fan of the board but it doesn't have the built in drive of a keel fish IMO.
I rode my 5'7" LightBender down in Salina Cruz on smaller days with the Rasta Sea Shep keels and loved it...

Reactions: Aruka

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
hmmm i do have said Rasta keel and a plethora of slopey waves to test on…

but I’ll probs just end up riding my plasmic in those situations instead.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
hmmm i do have said Rasta keel and a plethora of slopey waves to test on…

but I’ll probs just end up riding my plasmic in those situations instead.
Question... how much shorter is your plasmic in comparison to your height?

Edit: And how much "more" volume is it compared to your normal boards.