Album Surfboards

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
I seen cole do a lot of those things before anyone at least on this side of 1999

he had quads, cabron, bat tails, and some channel stuff that were later adopted by others (was stretch bringing back battails and quads first or nah)

not saying he invented them but he brought em back.

and as much as I give you a hard time reforest, I like that people like tomo, album are bringing things back and experimenting for the sake of it. Also as much as I laugh at Greg dredging stuff up sometimes unrelated, he does have OG knowledge

at a certain point it would be like saying a modern stoner band stole the guitar riff from sabbath... well yeah everyone did!

just think, if something you design or borrow from the past gets hot enough, britt and biolos can copy it for their quarterly rehashes, that means you made it brother!

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
for you mid weight yoloers

Reactions: MathDebater

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I seen cole do a lot of those things before anyone at least on this side of 1999

he had quads, cabron, bat tails, and some channel stuff that were later adopted by others (was stretch bringing back battails and quads first or nah)

not saying he invented them but he brought em back.

and as much as I give you a hard time reforest, I like that people like tomo, album are bringing things back and experimenting for the sake of it. Also as much as I laugh at Greg dredging stuff up sometimes unrelated, he does have OG knowledge

at a certain point it would be like saying a modern stoner band stole the guitar riff from sabbath... well yeah everyone did!

just think, if something you design or borrow from the past gets hot enough, britt and biolos can copy it for their quarterly rehashes, that means you made it brother!
100%
Spot on man.

The banter and hard time on here is good fun. I laugh every time I get on here after posting some personal opinion about Tomo.

Cole was way ahead of his time! One of my first boards was a Cole Grasshopper (before I ever rode a Tomo) I got it second hand. It got smashed to pieces when some asshole rear ended me as I was coming home from the beach. I got the insurance money and never ordered a new one. It was 5'6 x 19 x 2 5/16.

Coles channels sort of bow out, not straight up like Tomo's. But Cole is an amazing shaper that should probably be much more popular than he currently is.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
100%
Spot on man.

The banter and hard time on here is good fun. I laugh every time I get on here after posting some personal opinion about Tomo.

Cole was way ahead of his time! One of my first boards was a Cole Grasshopper (before I ever rode a Tomo) I got it second hand. It got smashed to pieces when some asshole rear ended me as I was coming home from the beach. I got the insurance money and never ordered a new one. It was 5'6 x 19 x 2 5/16.

Coles channels sort of bow out, not straight up like Tomo's. But Cole is an amazing shaper that should probably be much more popular than he currently is.
Wait. You DON'T actually believe Tomo and his dad invented every boar and fin design 20 years ago at Lennox?!?
You been trollin us this whole time? LOL. Well played, sir.
:cheers: