Album Surfboards

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Are you and Greg Griffin actually the same person? Same human with multiple identities? Someone help me understand.
Aren't you the guy who expressed he routinely gets screwed by a particular shaper yet continues to pour thousands of dollars into his operation?

I don't think we share the same expectations.

Last edited:

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
The best part is by fluffing this thread casa will inevitably sell more albums for Mattie P.

Parker triggered casa by sending him a dud knowing well it would result in front page erBB Design Forum status for the next 365. Marketing Genius!

casa very well may sell more Albums than GG sold Stamps with the shaper of the year thread. Lulz.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
The best part is by fluffing this thread casa will inevitably sell more albums for Mattie P.
I dunno, feralseppo's posts would give people second thoughts.

Nobody listens to what I say anyway.

Parker triggered casa by sending him a dud knowing well it would result in front page erBB Design Forum status for the next 365. Marketing Genius!
Board wasn't a dud. I reviewed it as decent. Just wasn't into it.

It was the craftmanship that sucked. But that wasn't a surprise.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I cant see the sand throughs in that pic but im limited to my phone at the moment. My two PU Album both have good glassing and are holding up well. That said I don't think they are A+ glass jobs and for the current prices they should be. Which is why I doubt I'll get another fancy tint job through them. Tbh fancy tints are not really my jam anyways and there are plenty of options for different builds.

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Aren't you the guy who expressed he routinely gets screwed by a particular shaper yet continues to pour thousands of dollars into his operation?

I don't think we share the same expectations.
Look, bro. I don't think we share the same kind of waves or the same kind of shred requirements.

Gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that your YOLO shaming isn't welcome on this thread.

Dec 5, 2017
Been following this thread for a while now, have had a DA Lightbender for the last 5 mo. and the thing goes. Agree with previous posts re: Lightbender, it needs some push and under 3 ft it is no longer my choice. But one of my favorite boards to date for SD waves and just ordered a DA Plasmic because of it.

All that said, stoked to check out a Critters shape down the road.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Been following this thread for a while now, have had a DA Lightbender for the last 5 mo. and the thing goes. Agree with previous posts re: Lightbender, it needs some push and under 3 ft it is no longer my choice. But one of my favorite boards to date for SD waves and just ordered a DA Plasmic because of it.

All that said, stoked to check out a Critters shape down the road.
Under Casa's guidance I highly recommend the dick bender :shaka: this shape allows you to be a total d*ck in and out of the water:monkey:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Under Casa's guidance I highly recommend the dick bender :shaka: this shape allows you to be a total d*ck in and out of the water:monkey:
*Dickbender model.

Will Jack Freestone be Critter's ticket to the big time?

Was it his dick that got bent?

The quiver they made him look too hot to handle. Colorwork FTW.

Last edited:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
You certainly did!

That one looks near perfect for me. I have enough sub 6' boards now though. Curious what fins you end up liking in it.
Tried it today with the fins it came with (Album TA set). Went like dog sh!t. No drive and twitchy.

Put an EN twin on the toe side and Stretch quads (Futures hot pink ones) on the heel side.

Big improvement.

It looks like Halloween candy.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I’m generally skeptical of fins included with a used board.

Even if seller says they’re the best set for it, they’re none the less selling the board bc it didn’t work for them.

funny the set in question here is the set sold “for the board”.