Album Surfboards

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
What sizes are people ordering their plasmic compared to their typical keel fish?
SD did you ever dial one in or order one?

Matt recommended a 5'6" or 5'7" at 21 and 2.63. I was thinking of 38 liters or maybe a tad higher but he thinks these dims would be good.

FWIW my shortboard volume is 32 (well now working on 33) and my last two keels have been 5'8"

Reactions: sdsrfr

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
SD did you ever dial one in or order one?

Matt recommended a 5'6" or 5'7" at 21 and 2.63. I was thinking of 38 liters or maybe a tad higher but he thinks these dims would be good.

FWIW my shortboard volume is 32 (well now working on 33) and my last two keels have been 5'8"
Yeeep. Been bumping up my volumes so no longer know what my normal is. Pre Covid I was happy with 28L, now with crowds and weight I like my 29.5 hpsb‘s better.

5’5 x 20.25 x 2.5 didnt ask vol but probs 34ish. Gonna be chonky summer sled. This is basically a stock 5’5 with 5’4 width.

my banjo fish is 5’6 x 20.5 x 2.38 @30.5L and my lightbender is a stock 5’7 (x 20.25 x 2.5 @32L)

told Matt I was plenty happy with the 5’7 and wanted a summer plasmic. he recommended 5’4 or 5’5 and staying close to stock since I liked the lightbender just fine.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Yeeep. Been bumping up my volumes so no longer know what my normal is. Pre Covid I was happy with 28L, now with crowds and weight I like my 29.5 hpsb‘s better.

5’5 x 20.25 x 2.5 didnt ask vol but probs 34ish. Gonna be chonky summer sled. This is basically a stock 5’5 with 5’4 width.

my banjo fish is 5’6 x 20.5 x 2.38 @30.5L and my lightbender is a stock 5’7 (x 20.25 x 2.5 @32L)

told Matt I was plenty happy with the 5’7 and wanted a summer plasmic. he recommended 5’4 or 5’5 and staying close to stock since I liked the lightbender just fine.
Ya welcome to try this one too. I realize it’s bigger than your order, but if you haven’t ridden one before, might be useful reference. Only a couple surfs on it so far, but it’s fun. Today was pretty summery conditions, rode it mostly backside on lefts, and it’s basically a chunky skateboard. Easy to whip, never feels like it’s gonna spin out, confident in the bowly sections. I’m impressed. Probably gonna replace the Gremlin in my grovel quiver.
the guy I bought it off said he surfed it all winter and the better the wave, the more it seemed to lock in and hold. Reminded me how duffy described the Alpha Omega twin, and the bottom channel looks similar. Looking forward to testing that out.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Ya welcome to try this one too. I realize it’s bigger than your order, but if you haven’t ridden one before, might be useful reference. Only a couple surfs on it so far, but it’s fun. Today was pretty summery conditions, rode it mostly backside on lefts, and it’s basically a chunky skateboard. Easy to whip, never feels like it’s gonna spin out, confident in the bowly sections. I’m impressed. Probably gonna replace the Gremlin in my grovel quiver.
the guy I bought it off said he surfed it all winter and the better the wave, the more it seemed to lock in and hold. Reminded me how duffy described the Alpha Omega twin, and the bottom channel looks similar. Looking forward to testing that out.
Lollll you bought it. I saw it pop up, was wondering if erBB would strike.

thanks for the offer, still got other boars to break in and mine shouldn’t take too long. Varial seemed to suggest it would actually be 8-10wks.

does the capt fin co traction damp out the racer1 side shore chatter?

from the ride report and where you been the last couple days sounds right up my ally. stoked.

which finz?

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Lollll you bought it. I saw it pop up, was wondering if erBB would strike.

thanks for the offer, still got other boars to break in and mine shouldn’t take too long. Varial seemed to suggest it would actually be 8-10wks.

does the capt fin co traction damp out the racer1 side shore chatter?

from the ride report and where you been the last couple days sounds right up my ally. stoked.

which finz?
Only Rasta uprights so far. Goes great. Will try my fave Akilas next

also, I’m not sure we would even paddle out in the 15mph wind that racer mentioned. Think varial will be fine for SoCal groveler. It’s my first one and I didn’t honestly notice anything good or bad from poly/eps/xtr... possibly felt most similar to XTR SL-C

Last edited:
Reactions: sdsrfr

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Topanga

Culver

Huntington

Reactions: Aruka