Album Surfboards

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Totally aesthetics, but I can’t bring myself to pad a nice retro looking shape. No pad on any of my fish or the twinsman RP. Next it’s front pads then before you know it, you’ll be looking down at full deck traction like a sup!
...which BTW I noticed Kai Lenny and Ian Walsh had on their jaws guns. At that size I’ll allow it-those madmen need every possible advantage

Last edited:

trifish

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
Maybe its just me but I surf differently when I stick a pad on a board. I had tried one on my twin fish and found myself trying to surf it more like a shortboard. Something about my foot against a tail block triggers something in my head. I ended up pulling it off and it helped me relax and flow better on the twin and slow down my surfing. I surf the board much better now. I can see that twinsman going either way, but for me I think I will always avoid them on anything fishy moving foward for that reason.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
It's a limited time offering and Matt's offering a special on it right now.

Enter code "REALWOODSMAN" at checkout for a huge discount.

Call the shop for details on this stick.

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars
Jan 28, 2011
NC
I think I will pad it up. Mostly to add a little extra heel protection on the tail. Plus, it’s just plain white so it already looks pretty shortboardy for an Album.

Also, it is guaranteed to make me do giant airs like Josh Kerr, right?

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I don't put pads on a true keel fish but his boar goes high perf. bonkers so I wouldn't hesitate one second to put on on that model.

Aesthetics aside, my hind foot hurts like hell with no pad, higher the performance of board, the worse it is.

Reactions: RobG814

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
PSA- For any SD bros, Bird Rock surf shop just got 4-5 Albums in. Nice to be able to feel up a few models. Buy em so I don't get tempted! They have a 6' twinsman round pin, which I know a couple of you are curious about. It is an inch shorter than the one I just got. It's real fun... highly recommend that shape. @silentbutdeadly @sdsrfr @MathDebater @tedshred5IMG_4982.jpeg

Last edited: