Petak Island
What are those?!!!
They go perfect with the $120 Album board sock

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Finally got the chance to surf the Fascination in higher tide chest high peaky beach break this AM. It paddles average around the lineup for a fish, but paddles into waves very well. Definitely has low nose rocker, and actually has an unusually high amount of flip in the tail - especially for a fish. Got a few lefts and rights... it feels smooth and natural going both frontside and backside without any noticeable catch you might think from the asymmetrical fin cluster.
BF8B1E24-7FCB-464C-B75A-3DFD11BDEFDD.jpeg
fins especially made for the board
9629C30B-3A4A-425C-A98C-2AC205822C3C.jpeg

Last edited:

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Finally got the chance to surf the Fascination in higher tide chest high peaky beach break this AM. It paddles average around the lineup for a fish, but paddles into waves very well. Definitely has low nose rocker, and actually has an unusually high amount of flip in the tail - especially for a fish. Got a few lefts and rights... it feels smooth and natural going both frontside and backside without any noticeable catch you might think from the asymmetrical fin cluster.
View attachment 97552
fins especially made for the board
View attachment 97555
Bro!

Haven't you heard?

The erBB has proclaimed that you can't go backside on an asym.

It's unpossible.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Anyone ridden or at least felt up the Bullet?

Thinking one of those in Dark Arts Cabron would be a fun.
ya I wonder how much of it's range overlaps with the Insanity.
debating an Insanity in XTR for my future, maybe try that parallel cabron

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Yeah, Bullet looked fun when it came out. but now he's cranked out so many new designs that also look fun since then that it's hard to keep up

Good to hear. Still yet to pull the trigger on asym, but came close on a couple this year: Fascination or Lovelace SooperSnake. Would love to try one before buying.

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Does Album do demos? Also I feel like Album is trying to give Lost some competition on number of new models per year.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Yeah, Bullet looked fun when it came out. but now he's cranked out so many new designs that also look fun since then that it's hard to keep up

Good to hear. Still yet to pull the trigger on asym, but came close on a couple this year: Fascination or Lovelace SooperSnake. Would love to try one before buying.
maybe we can board swap in the water at that local reef whenever we actually get some decent WNW swell... would like to try a good Mitsven or GH keel

Reactions: oeste858

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
After probably 20-30 sessions on the Insanity I have a few more thoughts. First off I tried a bunch of difference quad sets and it mostly felt too stiff and turns were really drawn out, even with the smallest quad set I own. It was hard to get it to pivot sharp enough to place turns the pocket. I'd end up way out on the shoulder. I had some surfs in hollow lefts as a quad and for driving down the line backside the quad felt great. I rode it as a thruster once and it felt fine but definitely slower than quad or twin+. Twin+trailer is definitely the call for me. The tail is so narrow and thin that there is no lack of hold it and the small trailer gives it a fun, free feel. Ridden it in overhead tubes and 2xOH+ powerful mush and it holds in great. In small mush the narrow tail sinks a little but with an active approach it can be made to work. Mine is PU and heavy glassed so I bet an EPS or XTR version would grovel better but it wouldn't be my first choice.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
After probably 20-30 sessions on the Insanity I have a few more thoughts. First off I tried a bunch of difference quad sets and it mostly felt too stiff and turns were really drawn out, even with the smallest quad set I own. It was hard to get it to pivot sharp enough to place turns the pocket. I'd end up way out on the shoulder. I had some surfs in hollow lefts as a quad and for driving down the line backside the quad felt great. I rode it as a thruster once and it felt fine but definitely slower than quad or twin+. Twin+trailer is definitely the call for me. The tail is so narrow and thin that there is no lack of hold it and the small trailer gives it a fun, free feel. Ridden it in overhead tubes and 2xOH+ powerful mush and it holds in great. In small mush the narrow tail sinks a little but with an active approach it can be made to work. Mine is PU and heavy glassed so I bet an EPS or XTR version would grovel better but it wouldn't be my first choice.
narrow tail you say?

try twin with nubsters in quad rears.

youre welcome.

Reactions: Aruka

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
hmmm, i only have one nubster. i do have a set of NPJ quads which is twin fronts and tiny rears, maybe I'll try that next.