Album Surfboards

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
Twinsman getting all the hype, but Matt recomended the Lightbender for East Coast beach break. Just an FYI

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Eh, he gave the opposite advice to me - Lightbender for points and Twinsman for beachbreak
I got the same advice from an Album shop employee, Twinsman for beachbreak. He mentioned that people were pretty fired-up on the rounded pin version of the Twinsman.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Came here to say I really, really like my Lightbender. It's an EXCELLENT SD Daily driver.

Goes vertical, good backside, good balance of drive, riding it with the album gemeni fins.

Been riding it exclusively for a month+

Haven't ridden my RP Twinsman yet :oops::unsure:
Lightblender is a sicky one. I had mine on ice since winter started but I took it out at a mushy reef a couple times on the smaller days last month and had a blast.

if it's not a pain in the butt would love to see pics of your Twinsman...

i was planning on going swallow but i'm a sucker for a good round pin.

Reactions: oeste858

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
I got the same advice from an Album shop employee, Twinsman for beachbreak. He mentioned that people were pretty fired-up on the rounded pin version of the Twinsman.
Theres a sick 6-2 round pin in their online store. Probably gonna be the inspiration for my next. In XTR of course, since its like $200+ cheaper :p

SixtyGrit

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 3, 2015
SD
Lightblender is a sicky one. I had mine on ice since winter started but I took it out at a mushy reef a couple times on the smaller days last month and had a blast.

if it's not a pain in the butt would love to see pics of your Twinsman...

i was planning on going swallow but i'm a sucker for a good round pin.
Took the Twinsman for her maiden ride today. Glad I took her out before the swell arrives. Similar, but different enough to need to get used to. Definitely wants more size / face. LB can stay in the pocket easy.

Attachments

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
wuts the lightbender nose/tail @12"?

been wanting one. doesn't seem to overlap too much with a modern keel fish?

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
my lightbladder is

5-10 x 20 3/8 x 2 5/8
Nose and tail are both right are 15.25 if I recall.
Def not a trad keel fish but still has good glide and will hold a high line across a steep section.
Tried it with keels and didn't enjoy. Album NVS twins feel perfect.