Album Surfboards

Jul 15, 2008
Anyone ridden or felt up any The End models? Only really seen footage of Jack riding smaller versions. There are some midlength versions in the used section that look interesting. Curious how they would compare to something like the Townsend.
View attachment 181074
View attachment 181076
I have a 6´2 The End and a 6´6 Townsend.

Only 4 sessions on the 6´2, but I would say that my initial insights would be:

- Low rocker compared to the Townsend.
- They paddle very similarly (perhaps a little better, The End).
- I like both boards with bigger waves. I don´t think any of them are very good grovelers, but if I had to take one of them in smaller waves, it would be The End.
- Perhaps the Townsend can be turned easier because it is a twin and an asym.
- The End is faster (way faster) and likes a point break more than a beach break.

I still need more sessions, but I would say that it´s a very fun board with wave range, and it overlaps a little bit in wave range with the Townsend, although they ride differently.

I hope this helps!

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
Thanks for this. What tail shapes did you get on yours?
All of mine have a round tail.

I forgot to mention that because of its shape, you can almost stand anywhere on it. However, when you get your foot back over the fins and with its speed, the board really lights up in a manner that I haven't experienced with any other board.

I actually think you would really like this board, especially in the 6' 0" -6' 4" range.

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
o_O Better than the “Dane turn”? I think so.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
o_O Better than the “Dane turn”? I think so.

Dane will do those and then immediately transition to no pump bottom turn to air reverse, half drunk.

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
Just watched the Dane turn again (haven’t seen it in years) and I have to retract my original statement. Dane’s turn is better than Clay’s and on a bigger, more powerful wave. Clay’s is pretty darn close though.

spjones123

Nep status
Oct 24, 2005
both Dane and clay are absurd. Wilt vs Mj. album needs to get clay his own hpsb model pronto so he can do full clay things