Album Surfboards

Sauce

OTF status
Oct 6, 2021
oh damn! she dropped off my Larry Mabile Ghostbuster at my work years ago as a favor (the board I never should've sold). said she was driving up to see some friends in LA and could bring it up. glad to see she's still working in surfboards.
I have a mabile with resin swirl by her. She does awesome work.

Mar 5, 2024
The bigger vespers I felt up in the shop seemed like a lot of foam for the length. They have a vesper mini which squashes down the length. Personally, I’d try that and size it like a quad fish.
I'm so excited to experience mad scenes on my holiday this summer, I found a website where you can get such good deals on cruise holidays, excited to surf on tour lol :)

thekadvang

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 29, 2013
i think we're central
Has anyone ridden a VESPER DIA?????

Have a 5'0" plasmic that is magic shin-shoulder and a 6'0" twinsman RP that's great when the waves are proper and want another album (lol) to split the difference. love the spice of the plasmic channel and would love to try that in a board with a bit more range -- thinking something i would grab when it's waist-shoulder ish

thoughts?????

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Has anyone ridden a VESPER DIA?????

Have a 5'0" plasmic that is magic shin-shoulder and a 6'0" twinsman RP that's great when the waves are proper and want another album (lol) to split the difference. love the spice of the plasmic channel and would love to try that in a board with a bit more range -- thinking something i would grab when it's waist-shoulder ish

thoughts?????
paging @oeste858

Reactions: thekadvang

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
would also seem odd that a progressive surfboard brand would sell pottery and superfood powders but, alas.
Why such narrow-minded focus on shaping surfboards appropriately? You need to think bigger, Ryan! Like custom car interiors and such. No one's done that yet. And custom patio umbrellas! The word "Uniquality" should be your mission statement.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Literally they have a collection of 20 different designer footwear options on their site, half of which approach the $400 price tag.

Pay homage to your dead grandma by buying sneakers that look kinda like hers for $359

Skincare:

A $45 facial serum for the poor peasants who can't afford the $149 Album Snow Serum

etc

Album started out as a marketing venture by a marketing guy and it continues on true to original inspiration.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
If ding repair earns more money than shaping does owning a consignment shop earn more than surfboarding?

ryan‘s quip seems more to me like the disruptor becoming the disrupted.

we hated surf retail so no matter what it was a losing proposition. Duu should shut down the website and take pencil and note pad orders by reserved appointments only.

Yep, we made fun do that, too.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
ryan‘s quip seems more to me like the disruptor becoming the disrupted.
The quip was in response to the "Nah, can't be that's just weird" apologism in regards to a board on Craigslist being purchased and then appearing on Album's site marked up by $400. Weird, but so is selling high end designer clothing and a cornucopia of high end snake oil supplements and serums...as a surfboard brand.

There has always been weird stuff surrounding the brand. And the vibe at the old place was very weird. Probably goes back to the roots.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
The quip was in response to the "Nah, can't be that's just weird" apologism in regards to a board on Craigslist being purchased and then appearing on Album's site marked up by $400. Weird, but so is selling high end designer clothing and a cornucopia of high end snake oil supplements and serums...as a surfboard brand.

There has always been weird stuff surrounding the brand. And the vibe at the old place was very weird. Probably goes back to the roots.
Imo, marketing is always smoke and mirrors.

album will never be core, and Lovelace hand shape riders will never be cool outside the lovelace aficionado cult.

it’s no surprise - it’s all marketing.

• Haha
Reactions: encladd and Havoc

Swallow Tail

Michael Peterson status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
At what point does one decide all the heel denting on the deck of a very expensive Album is acceptable/normal versus being unacceptable due to sub par blanks/glassing quality?
You don’t get foot wells or dents on your boards? I’m all in on mocking sh!t glass jobs, sand-throughs etc but these are kinda a given unless a super heavy glass job like a long board or a gun for most people no?

Reactions: oeste858