Album Surfboards

nickpheous

Michael Peterson status
Apr 8, 2008
Huntington Beach
Question for you guys. I’m ordering a 6’4 moonstone in varial. What glassing schedule do you guys like for these? I like my boards light but want durability. Thanks

Reactions: Aruka

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
Fin question - Im riding a 6'8" moonstone as my daily driver right now, using Chippa wilson npj upright twins. Works great in steep waves, but is sticky in the smaller stuff. Any reccomendations on a fin to loosen it up off the top - thinking about the elmore's but curious to hear some opinions.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Question for you guys. I’m ordering a 6’4 moonstone in varial. What glassing schedule do you guys like for these? I like my boards light but want durability. Thanks
646 is what I order. Not heavy but not a feather either.

Fin question - Im riding a 6'8" moonstone as my daily driver right now, using Chippa wilson npj upright twins. Works great in steep waves, but is sticky in the smaller stuff. Any reccomendations on a fin to loosen it up off the top - thinking about the elmore's but curious to hear some opinions.
I think your issue is looking to pivot a 6’8 in small waves.

maybe try smaller fins. I don’t think you’ll get what you’re hoping for out of a small change like the elmores.

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Hmmm that's already a pretty upright twin so hard to image what would give you more maneuverability outside of something with less surface area. Maybe give the album upright twin a try.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Hmmm that's already a pretty upright twin so hard to image what would give you more maneuverability outside of something with less surface area. Maybe give the album upright twin a try.
Hmm. AkilaAipas may be a bit smaller and I’ve always found them to be highly maneuverable. Or maybe something with a bit more can’t like the SonOfCobra twins.

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
Those are very upright. Akila's have a lot less surface area but really an upright twin seems like an odd pairing for a board like that to me. If you haven't tried a modern/upright keel fin , I would give that a go. It won't make it looser, but the CC Keels feel like they were made for that board. Worth a go if you haven't tried them. They feel predictable carving through a turn off the top unlike some keels and produce a lot of speed easily on the smaller days.

Reactions: menobrah and sdsrfr

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Last edited:
Reactions: Havoc and Aruka

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Heart of Glass is the glass shop for MOTE, right?
This is the shaper's website from the above clip. Seeing new MOTE massive in his showroom along with CI's and Albums it's just me putting 2 & 2 together.