Album Surfboards

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
Looks like he knows what he is doing for the most part and surfs better than Yuri. If he fixed the chicken wing arm and tiny pumps it would look a lot better. And minus 5 points for board not being red.
I'd argue that he doesn't quite have Yuris street cred though https://www.instagram.com/reel/CoIOWmDAv9E/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
You guys just aren't advanced enough to understand Yuri's most recent performance art meta commentary on the current debased, exploitative state of social media, the complex political implications of Puerto Rico statehood and the fraught intersection of late capitalism and surf culture.

Or something.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
another session on a the plasmic with the akali album semi keels, gotten a feel for it them.

like them a lot frontside - almost feels like a tkf but can still pivot. a lot more composed when making cut backs but can go hard off the bottom turn for the lip. backside, it took away from the plasmic magic and just felt like a less stiff keel and didn’t slide out.

would bang again for small waves or lined up frontside reefs.

6.5deg of cant on these. I’m noticing a trend.

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
Something I’ve been pondering lately...why doesn’t the Twinsman grovel better or go better in smaller, mushier surf?

It has most of the characteristics of a smaller wave board (width, thickness, low rocker, volume). The nose and tail are pulled in a bit, but not drastically enough to hinder its performance in smaller surf. Single to double concave with vee in the tail is a common configuration in small wave boards.

So what gives?

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
another session on a the plasmic with the akali album semi keels, gotten a feel for it them.

like them a lot frontside - almost feels like a tkf but can still pivot. a lot more composed when making cut backs but can go hard off the bottom turn for the lip. backside, it took away from the plasmic magic and just felt like a less stiff keel and didn’t slide out.

would bang again for small waves or lined up frontside reefs.

6.5deg of cant on these. I’m noticing a trend.
Try a different twin template on just the heel side.

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
Something I’ve been pondering lately...why doesn’t the Twinsman grovel better or go better in smaller, mushier surf?

It has most of the characteristics of a smaller wave board (width, thickness, low rocker, volume). The nose and tail are pulled in a bit, but not drastically enough to hinder its performance in smaller surf. Single to double concave with vee in the tail is a common configuration in small wave boards.

So what gives?
I don't really know, but the rocker doesn't feel low on the TM whether it's actually low or not.

Flat deck rocker, but higher than you'd think bottom rocker?

Reactions: Aruka and trifish

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I don't really know, but the rocker doesn't feel low on the TM whether it's actually low or not.
i think the entry plows a bit when getting into softer waves unless you compensate paddling in a little forward on the board. kinda why they need to be ridden short.

tail is pretty foiled too. those don’t help gettibg on a plane paddling into sofr waves.

edit - other than an extra oomph required on takeoff I don’t find the twinsman has issues skating down the line for a bowl in softish waves.

Last edited: