Album Surfboards

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
When you guys talk to Album about dims for custom shapes you’re ordering from XTR or Varial, do you let Album know you’re ordering from the other guys up front? Any weirdness or hesitation to help you if so?

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
What, you think Matt doesn’t get a cut?

I’ve been ordering Dark Arts and talking to both Matt and Tony.
Yeah I figured he did but didn’t know if they’d push to order directly from them or not. I’ve never ordered an xtr or varial so wanted to be sure before I reached out to Album.

Reactions: RobG814

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
When you guys talk to Album about dims for custom shapes you’re ordering from XTR or Varial, do you let Album know you’re ordering from the other guys up front? Any weirdness or hesitation to help you if so?
No issues. All my Album's have been XTR and I've chatted with Matt on most of them. I usually know roughly what dims I would want at this point, but I like getting some perspective from the shaper also.

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
No issues. All my Album's have been XTR and I've chatted with Matt on most of them. I usually know roughly what dims I would want at this point, but I like getting some perspective from the shaper also.
Thanks. Yep same boat here. Id just like to get his input and see if I need to tweak nose or tail dims at all.

Who do you guys email at Album? Just the general email address on their site?

Reactions: trifish

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Has anyone here ridden a stretched out plasmic (like 6'6" range) or a plasmid??? My "normal" plasmic goes insane and so the 6'9" and 7'6" used plasmics on the site right now have me thinking...
I have a 5-9 plasmic east and a 6-11 plasmid. Obviously i love the short one and the more i ride the bigger plasmid the more I like it. Despite the size difference they feel similar when you get your foot back over the tail and push it through turns. The plasmid is a very good paddler and wave catcher, even compared to other boards in the same size range. The rocker is fairly low so the challenge is keeping that nose out of trouble but like I said the more I ride it the better it feels.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Has anyone here ridden a stretched out plasmic (like 6'6" range) or a plasmid??? My "normal" plasmic goes insane and so the 6'9" and 7'6" used plasmics on the site right now have me thinking...
I have a 6’4 eggy version (blunt nose, round tail). I like it. Does a bit of everything. Can handle bigger slopey soft waves. Great for weak/ small waves too.
Same notes as Aruka about keeping the flat entry rocker up on steeper drops/ sections.
I almost ordered a 6’6-6’8 asym from XTR when aruka did, but chickened out. I now realize I prefer something closer to 6’ so I’m not constantly adjusting my feet

Last edited: