Album Surfboards

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
here's an elusive stretched out fish, but modified to make it more like the shrunken version... SunMoon :ROFLMAO: Genius!
This is a "Sun Moon" variation on the Moonstone template, bringing Sunstone character into the longer shape. It's a little curvier and more rockered than the stock moonstone. Still paddles and glides like a midlength but surfs shorter.
wow, look at the wax swirlies. that guy must wear the Album slides

trifish

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
here's an elusive stretched out fish, but modified to make it more like the shrunken version... SunMoon :ROFLMAO: Genius!
This is a "Sun Moon" variation on the Moonstone template, bringing Sunstone character into the longer shape. It's a little curvier and more rockered than the stock moonstone. Still paddles and glides like a midlength but surfs shorter.
Wut more rocker, but MS has more the SS already. Moonsunity?

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
1668718078186.gif

And, da fvck is a “professionally repaired dry-ding?” Some kind of mash up between ding repair and dry humping? “Ah, sorry bro. I’d give you full price if it was a wet-ding. Suits my minimal challance stylez mo’ bettah.…”

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
they’re shrinking back down to a fish

• Haha
Reactions: j_mac

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
View attachment 142237

And, da fvvk is a “professionally repaired dry-ding?” Some kind of mash up between ding repair and dry humping? “Ah, sorry bro. I’d give you full price if it was a wet-ding. Suits my minimal challance stylez mo’ bettah.…”
Dry dings are the worst. A guy I know wanted to check out my new board in the car park at the beach. Handed it to him and he lifted the board to flip it around and caught the board's rail on the tail gate of his station wagon...crunch...dry ding. :cursing:

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
Here you go. It’s 5’7” x 20.5 x 2.4
Whoa I'm digging the looks of that. :love:

Is this an actual model or did you just reconfigure TM dims to your liking? Looks a bit wider in the nose tail and overall a bit more curve than the standard TM?

Edit: after some research, it looks like this is a Twinsfish(squish). How do you guys order these from XTR? Do they automatically know to add width to the nose and tail when you say you want a Twinsfish(squish)?

Last edited:
Reactions: SD_Dan
Jul 15, 2008

Is this an actual model or did you just reconfigure TM dims to your liking? Looks a bit wider in the nose tail and overall a bit more curve than the standard TM?

Edit: after some research, it looks like this is a Twinsfish(squish). How do you guys order these from XTR? Do they automatically know to add width to the nose and tail when you say you want a Twinsfish(squish)?
Hi! @Goofy_Footed

I would recommend shooting an email to Album asking about the board's dimensions. It´s a variation of the Twinsman with more width and a beak nose. Very fun board and with a lot of range.

It´s starting to be very difficult to choose a board :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: j_mac

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
It´s starting to be very difficult to choose a board :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Yes, I'm starting to talk myself into circles between a lightbender, twinsquish or stretched plasmic for small FL beach break :drowning: even though I have a HS HK twin that goes very well in these conditions. Gotta plan for the future, right? :LOL:

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Yes, I'm starting to talk myself into circles between a lightbender, twinsquish or stretched plasmic for small FL beach break :drowning: even though I have a HS HK twin that goes very well in these conditions. Gotta plan for the future, right? :LOL:
Having owned a 5’7 lightbender and still own a 5’8 twinsman and 5’5 with 5’4 width and thickness OG plasmic. I vote plasmic as short as you’re willing to go.

i see lightbender being least desirable of the 3 for the waves you describe.

Last edited:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Small florida beach break?

Plasmic. Not stretched. Regular Plasmic.

Short.

I’m 6’2 -210+ and ride a stock 5’6. Next one will be a custom 5’6 with less thickness.

SD_Dan

OTF status
Jan 23, 2019

This is what I did.

1.Emailed album asking how I would squish a twinsman down to 5’7 but with about 33 L volume.
2. Matt Parker emailed me back telling me the short fat twinsman is called the Twinsquish and gave me the dims I should order.
3. Placed order on xtr using Twinsquish as model name with dims provided by Matt.
4. Emailed xtr with order number and attached email convo with Matt to ensure we were all on the same page.
5. About 12 weeks later received custom twinsman for about $800 thanks to summer discount code
:)

took the board out for the first surf today. Too much tide and not as much swell as I anticipated. Still got a couple fun ones and left with a good first impression of the board.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
for those that like their midlengths squashed down, here's a 5'8 dankness

someone buy this 6'1 varial insanity so I dont.

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Does the Bom Dia's rails feel like a Twinsman's? That was one of my hangups with that bort. I really liked it in good or cuppy waves with some push, but wasn't stocked on the under the arm feel. I'm considering a pointy nose Disorder or a Bom Dia in Venerial Carbonara which is a smart recession move I think.

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
Having owned a 5’7 lightbender and still own a 5’8 twinsman and 5’5 with 5’4 width and thickness OG plasmic. I vote plasmic as short as you’re willing to go.

i see lightbender being least desirable of the 3 for the waves you describe.
Small florida beach break?

Plasmic. Not stretched. Regular Plasmic.

Short.

I’m 6’2 -210+ and ride a stock 5’6. Next one will be a custom 5’6 with less thickness.
Thanks duus. I actually have a stoke 5'0 plasmic. Only ridden it a handful of times, so haven't got the full experience yet, however, I feel I may have gone a bit too small on it...not volume-wise, but length-wise. The 5'0 just feels SO small.

Prior to that, the smallest boar I've owned is a 5'4 and that felt just about as small as I'd like to go, but I YOLO'd the 5'0 thinking it could work. Typically I'm riding 5'6s in the 27 L range (I'm 5'10 160lbs).

I haven't given up on the Plasmic. I feel it could be a great boar in different waves than what I’ve ridden it in. I think someone on here mentioned it's really good when you have room to "move around" on a wave, and that's kind of my thinking at the moment as well. However, most of the stuff I'm riding here in FL is quick, dumpy beach break where there's not much time to "move around" and link multiple carving turns. I may just need to try different fins in it too :shrug: Like I said, I haven't given up on it yet.

For reference, past boars that have done really well for me in these conditions have been stoke 5'6 CI rocket wide, stoke 5'6 Lost swordfish, and my current stoke 5'6 HS HK twin. Also have a 5'4 FW mashup that goes well.

Last edited:

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Does the Bom Dia's rails feel like a Twinsman's? That was one of my hangups with that bort. I really liked it in good or cuppy waves with some push, but wasn't stocked on the under the arm feel. I'm considering a pointy nose Disorder or a Bom Dia in Venerial Carbonara which is a smart recession move I think.
I dont remember the rails feeling like that when I fondled one in the shop. The twinsmans rails have that profile coming off the flat deck. The thicker the Twinsman, the chunkier those rails are gonna feel. Don't think BD has that flat deck.