Album Surfboards

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
haha I can't get on your level @waxurDyl ! I can't remember who, but someone here had a 2-board order from XTR - a RP Twinsman and a Lightbender - and it looked perfect to me
I would think the round pin changes the model a decent bit. I've had a couple waves with softer/chunkier sections where it was not turning as freely as the swallow would've.
edit: some of the issues DLS was bringing up with Matt on the Twinsman pod wouldn't apply to the standard swallow tail.

Don't plan to surf the 6'1 RP below chest-high, really a mini-step for me (at 6' tall) and it held great in the rounder OH waves

Last edited:

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I would think the round pin changes the model a decent bit. I've had a couple waves with softer/chunkier sections where it was not turning as freely as the swallow would've. Don't plan to surf the 6'1 RP below chest-high, really a mini-step for me (at 6' tall) and it held great in the rounder OH waves
DLS kinda implied similar of his, that it was stiff and not as free as he expected.

Reactions: oeste858

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
Meh, I ride mine down to waist no problem. It has more volume than my lightbender so that defintiely helps. It also has way more carry when its on rail, so as long as you're not surfing it flat, I think it actually has a better bottom end.

Reactions: lofatkilla

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Any of you guys try a Moonstone? Maybe not so mid lengthy in terms of sizing, but bumped a bit over your regular fish size

View attachment 108440
That’s the longfish/ step-up fish? Thankfully someone bought the 7’0 from the local shop a couple months ago. It was a bit bigger than I would want, but the more I saw it, the more it was callin’ me. Looking at a 6’8-10 longfish or Townsend to replace my 7’2 singlefin some point this year.

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
That’s the longfish/ step-up fish? Thankfully someone bought the 7’0 from the local shop a couple months ago. It was a bit bigger than I would want, but the more I saw it, the more it was callin’ me. Looking at a 6’8-10 longfish or Townsend to replace my 7’2 singlefin some point this year.
Yeh, thats the one. Step up fish. Was going down a rabbit hole with step up fish earlier. Wonder how this one goes in comparison to a Townsend. Especially sized more like a step up than a longer mid length.

I don't really need anything else, just browsing...you know how it goes :D

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
I'm also curious about a moosntone. My 6'10 Townsend is so nimble that I'm curious what a 6'5" Moonstone would be like. Guys at the shop said its even more agile and rockered than the townsend. They said Kerzy absolutely loves the moonstone.

Reactions: trifish

lofatkilla

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 13, 2004
VENTURA, CA
6'6 Lightbender up for grabs.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
6'6 Lightbender up for grabs.

If I didn't have an Album about to be done I'd pick that up.

Reactions: lofatkilla