Album Surfboards

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
New bort came in. 5'7 x 18.88 x 2.3 Disorder

Initial impressions:

A little disappointed in the color. I asked for a darker blue and provided a sample, but this light blue is what I got. I hate light blue boards but oh well, color is the least important part of the board.

Varial construction feels/looks really good. It's light, the finish is perfect, it was packed really well, and it came unscathed. Stocked on that!

Foil is a little chonkier than I'm used to. Flat deck up top with a quick transition to foiled rails. Almost reminds me of a concave decked board but the transition between the deck and the rails is not as pronounced. There's a good amount of foam carried up to the nose and down through the tail.

Entry rocker looks perfect. Exit looks a little flatter than I typically like but I will reserve judgement until I ride it.

Nose is a hair wider than I thought it would be but it doesn't look too wide. No big deal.

So it's a bit different than what I'm used to but I'm still excited to give it a try. It looks like it would handle DD duties nicely. We'll find out tomorrow, I think.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
did he charge u like $2500 since it is super special custom?
Please refer to this thread: