Album Surfboards

thekadvang

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 29, 2013
i think we're central
@thekadvang those boards are beauties, worth the double order
glassed them heavier than stoke glassing?
I got the twinsman glassed standard -- it def doesnt feel like a potato chip tho (could be just the fact that there's a fair amount of foam in the board). moonstone i got glassed 6/6x4 and feels solid

no glasser's lam on the boards so maybe they did these in house; will report on how durability is. my previous albums have had a LOT of pressure dents, etc.

Reactions: j_mac

trifish

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
i have both townsend and moonstone. townsend needs more size to work it seems. moonstone more of daily driver. matt said diamond tail townsend better in smaller stuff.
^ This for me also. Diamond tail townsend helped the lower end versus the pin, but still kinda has the rocker & length working against it a little when its smaller. It gets noticeably more push on the wider tail block though and a little more snappy for what it is, just feels like it still wants more wave. Easier to work my moonstone when its weaker & lined up in comparison. Feels like it glides more with its rocker and easier to whip it around at times at its shorter length. The moonstone has been working incredible for me, great board. It's a lot of fun also on bigger days the same way a shorter keel fish is, it just feels more composed overall and paddles better. Had to sell a bunch of boards recently for unexpected reasons. All great boards in the quiver, but the ones I valued most and held onto were the Moonstone, Townsend Diamond, Aipa Con fish, and Ghost.

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
I just got some dims off matt for a swallow Moonstone 6'10", based on 6'4 Twinman swallow, probably for similar size wave range waist to couple feet OH. basically same dims aside from the length and he recommended Varial in particular for the design.
All of a sudden kind of got the Panda Shitake on my mind, twinzer, low rails, and forward vee sound like a harmonious combo. Anybody body running one of these or compared the two, by chance?

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
I just got some dims off matt for a swallow Moonstone 6'10", based on 6'4 Twinman swallow, probably for similar size wave range waist to couple feet OH. basically same dims aside from the length and he recommended Varial in particular for the design.
All of a sudden kind of got the Panda Shitake on my mind, twinzer, low rails, and forward vee sound like a harmonious combo. Anybody body running one of these or compared the two, by chance?
Just shaped a "panda shiitake." I'll let you know how sh*tty my version goes

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Just shaped a "panda shiitake." I'll let you know how sh*tty my version goes
You mean, how shiitake it goes?:bricks:

@r32 may I humbly request a reinstatement of the tomato face emote? at your leisure, of course.

a brick-to-the-head is no doubt deserved in this case but I think that the tomato-to-face would also often be appropriate for my particular brand of quote unquote humor.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
You mean, how shiitake it goes?:bricks:

@r32 may I humbly request a reinstatement of the tomato face emote? at your leisure, of course.

a brick-to-the-head is no doubt deserved in this case but I think that the tomato-to-face would also often be appropriate for my particular brand of quote unquote humor.
If you can find it, I will add it. Go through old threads here and send me link to page that has it. Some threads may not show if they were not archived. Just keep clicking around, then scroll through posts looking for that emoji.

• Love
Reactions: sdsrfr and Aruka

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
"It's a surfboard that really capitalizes on a lot of trends. Like most surfboards, we designed it by working with a surfer, they like it in perfect waves but it works in everything. Here's some features that are plainly visible in the pictures but no rocker shot or real description of it."

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
"It's a surfboard that really capitalizes on a lot of trends. Like most surfboards, we designed it by working with a surfer, they like it in perfect waves but it works in everything. Here's some features that are plainly visible in the pictures but no rocker shot or real description of it."
kamala harris is now writing their surfboard descriptions

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
they Could put a little less effort into the descriptions
Really didn’t have any of the buzzwords I look for:
mushy, weaker, soft, slower, flat sections…
:p