Album Surfboards

hugh shackman

OTF status
Mar 3, 2017
Whos going on the album YOLO surf trip?

for only $10000000 you can have a welcome meal with sierra kerr! all rejoice

all that bs aside i have wanted one of these boards for so long but my cheap a$$ just cant pull the trigger

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I just YOLO'ed the green 5'4 Twinsman off of Varial's website.:)
What a dangerous website that is....

Anyone have a FCS 2 recommendation for that boar? I may try a Power twin or Christenson first
I've tried several sets in my Varial 5'6: Christenson's, AM's, MR's and thought I had found the perfect set with the Power Twins. I'm all about the new shiny shiny and picked up the new MF's.

I rode them for the first time this morning and now they're my favorite. Despite the fact they're smaller (5.05 vs. 5.26 base and 20.63 vs. 21.44 area) than the Power Twins, I felt like I had all of the drive and hold, but they had a more immediate response when I went to get the board vertical. They were easier to release in the lip as well.

The waves were marginal, waist to chest high, lightly textured with some wonk due to frequent backwash and rips. I felt compelled to get wet since it was the biggest it has been in a week in front of my place. I guaranteed waves by drinking five 8.1 ABV IPA's (Brewery X The Gnar and Yeah, Dawg) plus four Miller Lite's last night at band practice. I was a little foggy this morning, but surprised myself by surfing pretty decent despite last night's libations. I'm giving some credit to the new fins.

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
I just YOLO'ed the green 5'4 Twinsman off of Varial's website.:)
What a dangerous website that is....

Anyone have a FCS 2 recommendation for that boar? I may try a Power twin or Christenson first
Haha - yes the Varial site is more dangerous than the Album site! I bought two this week. Shipping is very cheap and I get the board 12 hours later at my door. Way too easy and satisfying!

I never had Varial board before this week, but I definitely see the appeal now.

After I said I was done buying, the aqua-blue 5' 4" Plasmic drew me in. I am starting to feel as though I have an addiction problem - is step 1 self-recognition ;)!. I have always wanted to try smaller Plasmic. I have a 5' 6". I made the right call. The 5'4" is more appropriate for me, especially in the light-weight Varial. It is a fun toy now! It is interesting, the outlines are a bit different. The 5' 6" has a narrower, pointed nose with a more parallel outline extending to the tail, with a little bump on the tail. The 5' 4" has a wider, fuller less-pointed nose, still parallel outline in the center that decreases more toward the tail with no bump. Anyway, the 5' 4" in very weak waves went well for what it could do. The few waves that had a bit of juice made me super excited about the board's potential in a smaller form factor. Based on this, I will be selling the 5' 6" here soon.

I do have a Christenson Lane Splitter. His fins feel perfect for this board, but note his fin boxes are placed a couple of inches forward of Matt's preference. The fins align perfectly with the tail bump on the Lane Splitter. The Twinsman has the tail bump closer to the fin boxes, and aligns best with the NVS uprights. I am not sure how much misalignment between the trailing fin base and the tail bump overly impact performance? I find the Twinsman and Lane Splitter surf differently. Lane Splitter is versatile, unique glide for shortboard, and can surf more forward - a bit easier to surf. The Twinsman is way more electric and feels like shortboard, feet placement is more important, but the 5' 8" works naturally for my foot placement.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Seems to be variations to the stock builds.

lightbender swallow tail depth is all over the place.

My pu/pe tail is the same as on the Varial site which is different than the dark arts and xtr.

• Haha
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
sh!t cracks me up.

This is yet another thread where the exact same people who complain about surfboards being underpriced and impossible to make money from are complaining about someone who’s charging profitable prices for boards.

Every shaper out there should be encouraging this. Album (and a few others) are raising the price bar. Get on board, dummies.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
sh!t cracks me up.

This is yet another thread where the exact same people who complain about surfboards being underpriced and impossible to make money from are complaining about someone who’s charging profitable prices for boards.

Every shaper out there should be encouraging this. Album (and a few others) are raising the price bar. Get on board, dummies.
Notice nobody ever complains about, for example, Christensen charging premium prices.

Why do you think that is?

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Notice nobody ever complains about, for example, Christensen charging premium prices.

Why do you think that is?
don't know a single person who has or has owned a christensen, no thread on here about it either. are they good boards? heck yeah I'm sure they are.

Several accounts of people in person and here saying albums are great.
what's your point?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
don't know a single person who has or has owned a christensen, no thread on here about it either.
LOL, there have been loads of threads about them here.

are they good boards? heck yeah I'm sure they are.
If you've never owned or heard of them here or anywhere what makes you so sure?

Several accounts of people in person and here saying albums are great.
OK

what's your point?
Let Duffy answer.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
still no point.

what is your point?
Something totally different than the direction you're going.

broken record. it's sad
Look who's talking:poke:

Round 2 that you initiated when you decided to hop in the conversation (that you admittedly know nothing about)

I've already told you - use the ignore feature so you don't get triggered.

Nice seeing you get worked up though. :roflmao:

Letting the guy inside of you out.

Is it the booze that does it?