Album Surfboards

Makoman

OTF status
Jun 23, 2003
North East
Thanks for correctly deciphering my truncated message. Yes I knew they weren’t flat inside but didn’t realize they are 80/20. That makes much more sense as I have traditionally disliked foiled rear fins and preferred flat inside foil.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Makoman it's time to be a real boss and throw down for the ultra yolo

Makoman

OTF status
Jun 23, 2003
North East
I have a 5’10 Twinsman, albeit regular DA and round tail. It is my least favorite Album and nearly turned me off from Album altogether. It could have been fin related and I will pull it back out again one day to try with different fins.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I have a 5’10 Twinsman, albeit regular DA and round tail. It is my least favorite Album and nearly turned me off from Album altogether. It could have been fin related and I will pull it back out again one day to try with different fins.
FWIW I had a TM round tail that was a piece of sh!t. Sold it then saw it for sale at least four times by different people.

Maybe the TM just doesn’t work with a round tail?

Reactions: Makoman

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Kevlar. For when carbon just isn't good enough.

If you're worried about getting shot on the way to the water or back to the parking lot this tech is for you.

Serious enquiries only.
ERBB: These damn light glass jobs, boards are toast after three surfs. This is bullshit.

Also ERBB: Man these carbon/kevlar surfboards that will last for years are too expensive and kind of ridiculously too strong. This is bullshit.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Link?

4x4x4 Poly/PU glassjobs today are pretty much excellent.

And the foam, especially Arctic and whateverthefuck they're using in OZ, is tops.

It's been that way a while. Nothing to complain about.
Would you like the link where you complained about Album glassing?

Or the link where you complained about Rusty glassing?

Or the link where you complained about Lost glassing?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Would you like the link where you complained about Album glassing?
You mean the board that they never finished glassing, and all the other complaints about the boards coming out of that specific glass shop that were backyard flawed?

That was a lack of skill, attention, and QC.

sh!t business practices, plain and simple.

Not a PU/poly issue.

Or the link where you complained about Rusty glassing?
Yup.

That was in house work not giving a fuck. Likely an overmilled blank and definitely overcatalyzed resin.

sh!t business practices, plain and simple.

Not a PU/poly issue.

My epoxy/poly from them was also dogshit. Likely an overmilled blank too.

Or the link where you complained about Lost glassing?
Complained? I gave it an average rating.

The majority of PU/poly boards I've had over the past decade have been excellent. In fact over the past 5 years more like unbelievable.

My only complaint is Futures boxes seem to be installed incorrectly on a consistent basis nowdays. I'm constantly having to shim the boxes in every new board with foil. Not sure what's up with that. Maybe just bad luck.

Not a PU/poly issue.

True Ames has an interesting solution for that it seems - the fin has an edge that sits over the lip of the box.

Last edited:

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
i really liked oestes rt twinsman when i rode it but it's more of a stap so I would definitely want poly due to weight.

my dank farts probably has 50 sessions under its belt and it could pass as barely ridden

Reactions: JDJ

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
I do agree with casa on this: the poly glassing at many of the shops combined with arctic blanks makes for pretty killer builds. Way different than the poly/pu of years past.