Akila Aipa's/Slater Designs' Twin release

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Bummer Waxy. I saw Akila comment on the live video yesterday. hehe. Shouda put da screw in brah! :cool::shaka:
Haha, he got real grumpy about it "well, how did it fall out, did you hit something"

Well, would I have mentioned it if I hit a rock? Of course if I hit something that would be the fucking reason. Did you want me to type an essay into Instagram live feed that has a limited character input? :D I was just curious if he found that there's more pressure on a twin fin in his experience is all.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
hahaha. I know... he was trying to shape that board and since your comment wasn't exactly clear he had to do some digging to give a meaningful answer. He seems like a solid dude! I would be stoked to ride one of his boards.

Reactions: waxfoot

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
  • Love
Reactions: jkb and waxfoot

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Haha, he got real grumpy about it "well, how did it fall out, did you hit something"

Well, would I have mentioned it if I hit a rock? Of course if I hit something that would be the fucking reason. Did you want me to type an essay into Instagram live feed that has a limited character input? :D I was just curious if he found that there's more pressure on a twin fin in his experience is all.
both grub screws just Snugged - not even over tightened to G-10 will not move or fall out

You just need to snug - check them - maybe every 4 surfs

Jus like checking your tire pressure on your MTB Bike to get it to work its best

Soft plastic not so preditctable

Reactions: waxfoot

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
both grub screws just Snugged - not even over tightened to G-10 will not move or fall out

You just need to snug - check them - maybe every 4 surfs

Jus like checking your tire pressure on your MTB Bike to get it to work its best

Soft plastic not so preditctable
my buddy did actually lose a griffin fin lolz. fcs fusion. prly best to grind out a notch on them

• Haha
Reactions: MathDebater

hackeysaky

Miki Dora status
Dec 19, 2002
NJ
I'm so confused on how you had screws front and back and it still came out.
Just double-checked a photo from the last lost fin; it appears I mis-remembered re: the front screw. I didn't have a front screw in but did certainly had the rear one in (I always use rear screws in any FCS2 fins, certainly would use both front and back in the future if attempting to run twins again).

Mar 25, 2009
I don't know if this sounds like bullshit - but it feels like one of those boards that you can go up in volume really easily and not notice any detrimental effects
Fwiw I've found that while the board is definitely not a groveler, it can grovel a little bit if your 1ft kookslop has just a bit of push, and that's (imo) because of what you said, that you can size it up. I think it can be sized up because its rails are (in my limited experience) stupid thin per size and all the foam is put in the centerline, allowing it to tip over easily; Kevin Schulz refers to this fact in his video. I'm 165lb and I've got mine at 5'7 x 28.5L and it's definitely one of the better paddlers I've been on, for such a short ass-board. (My other shorties are in the 27L range and a bit longer.)

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Sarfing this board without back pain is something else. The hype / buzz around this board shouldn't die down, it's that fckn good!

After a good session on this a day ago, I really have come to thee ralisation that I'm just scratching at the surface of riding this thing.

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
Still one of my favorite twins of all time. It IS trickier than others I've had as the fins are more forward, but there's sh!t going on that makes these boards do things others can't. Just gotta put your time into figuring them out.