Air Travel

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
I flew from LAX to Seattle and back last weekend with my daughters. It was the most hassle-free flying experience ever in terms of crowds and traffic. You do have to wear a mask in the airport and on the plane. Planes don't generally do much of a beverage service. LAX didn't have pre-flight alcohol in the terminal, but Seattle had sit-down food and drink service. I have TSA Pre-check, and just walked up to the guy who looks at your license and pass and then was through security in one minute. I wish it was always like this, except for that Pandemic thing.... Bottom line, it's safe.
Marry me, Fly free ~ ;) :jamon:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
thinking of renting one of our guest rooms and guest bath this fall/winter/spring to a friend, and using that money to rent a little place in PR, somewhere between Rincon and BQN airport. Jet Blue has daily directs, and i would love to have a a home away from home down there for the winter, but still be able to fly back and forth with relatively no hassle or great expense.

PJ

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 27, 2002
Shrub Oak,N.Y.,USA
Funny thing - my daughter flew back here to NY from college in Chicago two weeks ago, it was no problem. On the flight she wore the Paper P100 with exhaust valve I sent her back in February to protect herself with a surgical mask over that to protect others. A few days later I had an appointment with my dermatologist. The online two days ahead of time check in app red flagged me when I said a family member had traveled recently so I should call the office. I explained it to the woman in the office and said that my daughter wore a P100 on the plane. She put me on hold then came back on and said "She wore a P100 on the plane?" - I said yes. She said "We'll see you Wednesday". That's not in any rule book that I've seen but it paid off.

Belchfire1

Nep status
Jun 27, 2013
Encinitas
Thanks for all the replies. Trip isn't exactly surf related, but I'll be heading to a couple east coast beaches for some small summer slop. So, maybe it is surf related after all.

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
Thanks for all the replies. Trip isn't exactly surf related, but I'll be heading to a couple east coast beaches for some small summer slop. So, maybe it is surf related after all.
come on down; this sojersey surfer thinks so far so good on a surfy summer.

caramel_Sea

Michael Peterson status
May 29, 2008
www.flickr.com
I'm too scared of the virus, eating a low fat starch based organic whole food plant based diet, 10% body fat, can work in the heat all day long day after day, have god in my soul, but 1 of the 380 TRILLION viruses on earth is here to get me.

also make sure not to brawl over BLM like Soros planned
and wear your mask like the satanic new world order planned

Jul 1, 2020
New South Wales Sydney
Cool, which company did your choose for your flight? There are a lot of promotions and discounts on plane tickets, because, due to the Covid19 pandemic threat, companies are looking for passengers and you can find a lot of good tickets for a pretty small amount of money. I am also planning to visit LV, but I don't know which flight company to choose, and where to find my stay. I found a couple of resorts in Vegas, but I don't know if it is worth the stay or not.

Last edited:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I booked a condo in Vero for 5 weeks. At first it was going to be ”fly down for thanksgiving, then home for a few weeks, and then fly down for xmas” but between the quarantine rules and remote work, etc it made sense to just find a cheaper VRBO for 35 nights. my mom is kind of rattled by my sister‘s surprising leap into Trumpism, so they are in a real rough patch right now, and I know my mom is sad she won‘t even get to see her grand kids for either holiday, so I'm just going to stay/work down there for 5 weeks. Wife will fly down in December. Maybe get lucky at the Inlet, play a lot of golf, and skip 5 weeks of what will undoubtedly be another long depressing winter.

Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Remember when Cuomo had a sh!t fit after it was suggested New York be isolated?

Now for the second time he's trying to impose measures on everyone else.

What a moran.

He's going to end up on the wrong side of history.

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I did a plane flight. Was really really weird.

I had 4 people with me in the almost premium cabin cabin. Cost was $40 to upgrade from basic econ.

airports are deserted. I scared the CBP dude snacking at his booth when I came back in. I also got lost in the basement of LAX without a herd of people to follow.

hard part seems paperwork to enter certain countries. those already stressed on booking basic travel need not apply.

I re-routed my way home because of the changing restrictions and required layovers. rules change so fast nobody seems to know how to interpret and enforce them at first so be patient and be ready to route your way through based on COVID headlines avoiding new rules that weren’t just reinstatement of old ones.

Last edited:

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
I traveled during the pandemic but only because I had too for my previous government job.

I definitely would not do it for fun or leisure.

I think alot of people have been cooped up for so long they don't care anymore or they think COVID-19 is not that bad. I work in public health. Let me tell you, it is very serious. 1.2 million people have died from it. Go to work, order take out, limit big parties. Support local business. But do not travel unless you need too. You really want to risk getting sick on an airplane?

This is not some conspiracy and FOX NEWS loves to spout nonsense that people are getting marked as a covid death incorrectly.

ringer

Tom Curren status
Aug 2, 2002
Huntington Beach, California
This weekend I flew from Orange County to Vegas and back. Months ago, the Venitian offered free suites to all travel industry workers, so we were on that. Except for having to wear a mask, and no in-flight Chex Mix Snax, it was all pretty routine. Halloween in Vegas was not as crowded and wild as they say it has been historically, but it was still pretty fun. Vegas is not my favorite destination, but who can turn down a free suite and flights for a little getaway? I even won a little money on college football bets.

Reactions: PPK96754

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I did a plane flight. Was really really weird.

I had 4 people with me in the almost premium cabin cabin. Cost was $40 to upgrade from basic econ.

airports are deserted. I scared the CBP dude snacking at his booth when I came back in. I also got lost in the basement of LAX without a herd of people to follow.

hard part seems paperwork to enter certain countries. those already stressed on booking basic travel need not apply.

I re-routed my way home because of the changing restrictions and required layovers. rules change so fast nobody seems to know how to interpret and enforce them at first so be patient and be ready to route your way through based on COVID headlines avoiding new rules that weren’t just reinstatement of old ones.
this is why I love mex

they have no restrictions currently