Activist SCOTUS

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Is it just me or does it feel like SCOTUS recently kicked into overdrive with a sense of urgency to make all these landmark politicized rulings all at once? It’s almost as if they know something is coming and set out to get this rulings out in advance of whatever it may be.

Just a hunch.
E41AFCE3-E543-47EE-A56D-8B85450B11B4.gif

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
The R v W court was one as well. Swings both ways.

SCOTUS… the ultimate swamp creatures. People love it when they rule in line w their team but throw rotten cabbage when not.

Would make for great reality TV.
100%

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
It's inconceivable to me that a bunch of unelected old men, get to decide the future for the entire generation of young Americans.

Where are all the brave gun turds who wanted to go to civil war over mask mandate government tyranny? :socrazy:

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
It's inconceivable to me that a bunch of unelected old men, get to decide the future for the entire generation of young Americans.

Where are all the brave gun turds who wanted to go to civil war over mask mandate government tyranny? :socrazy:
SCOTUS is giving out decisions that match their values systems, so they are cool with all of this.

• Sad
Reactions: plasticbertrand

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
SCOTUS is giving out decisions that match their values systems, so they are cool with all of this.
Trying to set the nation back generations based on their own personal partisan views against the will of the people, just what founders intended. They search for legal justifications that are completely inconsistent, whats next re legalizing slavery. Our Trumptards would love that.

Reactions: need 4 speed

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Trying to set the nation back generations based on their own personal partisan views against the will of the people, just what founders intended. They search for legal justifications that are completely inconsistent, whats next re legalizing slavery. Our Trumptards would love that.
there's always the possibility that it all backfires

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Just wait until Moore v. Harper is decided. It will determine if state courts can review legislatures' handling of federal elections. Stay tuned...

Last edited:

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Is it just me or does it feel like SCOTUS recently kicked into overdrive with a sense of urgency to make all these landmark politicized rulings all at once? It’s almost as if they know something is coming and set out to get this rulings out in advance of whatever it may be.

Just a hunch.

I agree with your hunch that America's future is less secure than it was, and that these signifigant SCOTUS rulings could be indicators that the powers that be see the same thing. However, I disagree with your assessment that this Supreme Court reversing activist policies and rulings is itself, activist. It's not. It's anti-activist.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
I agree with your hunch that America's future is less secure than it was, and that these signifigant SCOTUS rulings could be indicators that the powers that be see the same thing. However, I disagree with your assessment that this Supreme Court reversing activist policies and rulings is itself, activist. It's not. It's anti-activist.
Sounds like we just need some anti-anti-activists to reverse it all and get things right again!

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
SCOTUS is going full YOLO.

It's not uncommon for them to release a bunch of rulings around mid June. The extreme nature of these rulings is quite disturbing, however.
There’s nothing extreme about them.

If you don’t believe me, track down the Roe decision, READ IT, grab your copy of the Constitution, find the relevant section re the decision, and try to make sense of it.

Note, the Constitution has absolutely nothing to say about killing the unborn and reiterating this is far from extreme.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
There’s nothing extreme about them.

If you don’t believe me, track down the Roe decision, READ IT, grab your copy of the Constitution, find the relevant section re the decision, and try to make sense of it.

Note, the Constitution has absolutely nothing to say about killing the unborn and reiterating this is far from extreme.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: