ACLU at war with the bill of rights

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Yes, I'm sure example after example where the two things that changed was the appraiser and the race of the homeowner and the value magically went up in each instance are all not race-related.
Like I said, I'm sure the real answer isn't "never". But for how common? Nobody knows unless/until they compare what that appraiser has been doing for assignments involving minorities vs non-minorities. That's the only way to tell how consistently that appraiser has been treating people.

If 15% or 20% or more of all buyers or borrowers are minorities then they will also be present among whatever percentage of appraisals come in "low". And no appraisal that comes in low will simply be accepted at face value - those all get reviewed by another appraiser at the lender level in order to enable them to explain their refusal. So when a reviewer who hasn't met anyone (including the appraiser) agrees with the appraisal it isn't just one person's opinion.

I already explained how a mortgage broker can write a letter to a lender with their package that will prompt that lender to take additional steps to make sure they don't screw up, and how that can affect the outcome of the 2nd or 3rd appraisal. Again, that's not "always" but it's also not "never". The words "racism" and "HUD investigation" are going to leave a mark when used in a loan application, whether people are willing to acknowledge that or not.

As for deals getting shopped from one lender to the other because the property didn't appraise the first time, that's also more common than people realize. Some of those lenders go on to fail during the real estate busts, others survive. Way of the world.

Last edited:

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
It must be Opposite Day.

Gun control laws have their roots in racism. The first laws restricting 2A rights were passed for the purpose of preventing blacks from having firearms.
and also systemic racism doesn't exist

holy fk you guys are coconuts

(what he said is true, be tee dubs)

Reactions: $kully

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
and also systemic racism doesn't exist

holy fk you guys are coconuts

(what he said is true, be tee dubs)
“Systemic“ racism against non-whites exists in small pockets (Harvard’s discrimination against Asians, for example). Examples are few and far between.

IN THE PAST, like when gun control measures were first implemented, there was systemic racism for sure.

We’ve made a lot of progress. There is no right that I have that a non-white person doesn’t have.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
“Systemic“ racism against non-whites exists in small pockets (Harvard’s discrimination against Asians, for example). Examples are few and far between.

IN THE PAST, like when gun control measures were first implemented, there was systemic racism for sure.

We’ve made a lot of progress. There is no right that I have that a non-white person doesn’t have.
Now do systemic racists against whites!

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Now do systemic racists against whites!
When you discriminate or give preference based on skin pigmentation that’s racism. When the discrimination or favoritism is a government or corporate policy it’s systemic racism.

The actual color of who benefits and who loses doesn’t change that.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
the reality is - things will not get better.
we have so much data now and such ability to crunch data people will be using it create narratives on an increasingly aggressive scale. True or not does not matter - there will be a sliding scale.

The arguments will get worse

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008

bro, your post is Critical Race Theory in a nutshell

congratulations!

now just fkn own it instead of trying to peddle some dumb ass equivocations

oy vey

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
bro, your post is Critical Race Theory in a nutshell

congratulations!

now just fkn own it instead of trying to peddle some dumb ass equivocations

oy vey
I think it's sad you are under the delusion that basic history like Duffy posted is what critical race theory is

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I think it's sad you are under the delusion that basic history like Duffy posted is what critical race theory is
I think it's amazing that you continue to bring your utter failure in comprehension in to such sharp focus for us all

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I think it's amazing that you continue to bring your utter failure in comprehension in to such sharp focus for us all
I am beginning to think it is some sort of long term performance art project, it can't be real?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
A little newsflash for our ACLU hating rubes. The ACLU argued successfully for a woman flying a a "FOOK BIDEN" sign on her house making the town back down. Not that facts and reality will ever make an impact on Trumptards but gotta keep trying.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
A little newsflash for our ACLU hating rubes. The ACLU argued successfully for a woman flying a a "FOOK BIDEN" sign on her house making the town back down. Not that facts and reality will ever make an impact on Trumptards but gotta keep trying.
The ACLU is a broken clock at this point

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
The same people who think social media bans are 1A infringement think any gun laws are 2A infringement. Like I’d trust their judgment. :roflmao:
Hey, they are entitled to their own facts and definitions of words, under the 1A!!

Cue slippery slope argument....