A thread about fishing.....just for the halibut.....

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
View attachment 108770View attachment 108771View attachment 108772

a few summers back, my buddy asked me to go fishing, on the way out there were some boats at the point but then the wind blew and apparently everybody left. on the way back in my buddy says go get some and for an hour I had it to myself from the outside notch to the inside sand cove, a set came every 5 minutes or so, as soon as I got back out another one would arrive, my buddy was cleaning the fish but shot 2 photos with his phone. an epic day in the life.
Yel Bks?

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I haven't surfed in two months due to injury but at least the fishing has been good. Been loading up on bluefin almost every trip but they've left the local zone pretty much. Decided for something different yesterday and went paddy fishing for yellowtail. Found a good paddy and I hooked one right way but no one else got bit. Bait was pretty small and not very good. I got lucky and got a nice bigger one for the well and was on a small hook so it swam better. Sure was nice to pull on my favorite fish in the ocean.
yt.jpg
hamachi.jpg
For folks on the east coast this is "hamachi" as you've seen on sushi menus. My absolute favorite. Be nice on my sushi cutting, I filet well but I'm no sushi chef.

Back at the dock I met Marcio (from Sharpeye). He has a boat on the same slip as my buddy's. He was a super nice guy.

After a long ass wait (and possibly more due to motor availability) my Seafox skiff is finally being built across the country. I can't fricken wait.

Damn I love San Diego. Please don't come here :)

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I haven't surfed in two months due to injury but at least the fishing has been good. Been loading up on bluefin almost every trip but they've left the local zone pretty much. Decided for something different yesterday and went paddy fishing for yellowtail. Found a good paddy and I hooked one right way but no one else got bit. Bait was pretty small and not very good. I got lucky and got a nice bigger one for the well and was on a small hook so it swam better. Sure was nice to pull on my favorite fish in the ocean.
View attachment 113536
View attachment 113537
For folks on the east coast this is "hamachi" as you've seen on sushi menus. My absolute favorite. Be nice on my sushi cutting, I filet well but I'm no sushi chef.

Back at the dock I met Marcio (from Sharpeye). He has a boat on the same slip as my buddy's. He was a super nice guy.

After a long ass wait (and possibly more due to motor availability) my Seafox skiff is finally being built across the country. I can't fricken wait.

Damn I love San Diego. Please don't come here :)
How far you have to run for the Tuna?

Reactions: hal9000

Icu812

Nep status
Jun 23, 2013
WEST of 101
Got on a day trip outta Shelter Cove today--beautiful day, little swell running, surf was happening too...thought it was gonna be pretty much bottom fish all day. Well, limited on bottom fish pretty quickly so thought we might as well try some mooching for salmon since we still had time left. Nobody else is fishing for salmon now, they've gone to the rivers, right? Well, no they haven't, caught these beauties in 60' of water, biggest went 27#s...Great day on the water!
IMG_0782.jpeg

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Having decent fall so far, bait of all kinds everywhere. Tons of bluefish a few bass.