A thread about fishing.....just for the halibut.....

vanrysss

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 25, 2019
from Oregon, now SD
Chomping at the bit, Gannets were diving yesterday, any day now.
I went out to Dixon on foot last weekend and got skunked with my fly rod. Thinking I might go to one of the Santee lakes Sunday morning and give that a try.

I really don't like having to pay to fish, but don't see much alternative.

Last edited:

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
I went out to Dixon on foot last weekend and got skunked with my fly rod. Thinking I might go to one of the Santee lakes Sunday morning and give that a try.

I really don't like having to pay to fish, but don't see much alternative.
My son and his friends have good luck with C&R at the local golf courses. Nighttime only and don't get caught. You should hook (pun semi intended) with the old guys that fly fish Blacks at dawn most mornings. Unless you plan on a hike in the mountains, you will be paying to fish the local lakes.

Reactions: keenfish

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
My son and his friends have good luck with C&R at the local golf courses. Nighttime only and don't get caught. You should hook (pun semi intended) with the old guys that fly fish Blacks at dawn most mornings. Unless you plan on a hike in the mountains, you will be paying to fish the local lakes.
Golf courses have excellent fishing, my parents used to have a place in SW FL and all of the lakes connected to a tidal river. Baby tarpon, snook and largemouth at same time with same flies.