A realistic perspective on how to fix Climate Change...

Oakleys_N_Zinka

Miki Dora status
Oct 7, 2005
A lot of this the growing pains of the whites being subsumed.

If you are white and your culture is the dominant culture, it's going to feel uncomfortable when that starts to go away.

I think a lot of white dudes mistake the struggle to exist with the subsumation that is occurring. Same way a non white may mistake the struggle to survive for racism.

That doesn't mean that racism doesn't exist. Or subsumption doesn't feel distressful.

I don't see the different tribes trying to send the other the message of safety, without which we are doomed to endless conflict.
We're not getting messages of safety from Trump or the critical/studies identitarians. Doomed!

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
We're not getting messages of safety from Trump or the critical/studies identitarians. Doomed!
And the interim associate dean for about two dozen irrelevant departments ending in Studies is the far greater concern vs a President who seems to think Congress doesn't have the power of the purse when he doesn't want them to.

I mean, I wasn't scared at all when I thought GWB might have been killed during the September 11th attacks. I was worried the deliberately bald bitch who gave me a D because I didn't cite Star Trek in my philosophy essay might be dead, because the grad student/doctoral candidate slave labor working for the tenured massa is the on leader of the free world by intersectionality victim committee, and totally not a rite of passage where 99.999998% of the student body learns to tip toe around a disagreeable idiot in a position of organizational authority over them.

• Haha
Reactions: FecalFace

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
But my right wing'd friends only see the threat coming from the left.

My office is on the floor with a lot of special programs so I am getting slanted view for sure.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
I remember when Obama opposed gay marriage in 2004 stating, "Marriage is between a man and a woman."

What a homophobic piece of sh!t.

Anybody that hasn't changed in 20 years should engage in some serious self-examination. For a change.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
I remember when Obama opposed gay marriage in 2004 stating, "Marriage is between a man and a woman."

What a homophobic piece of sh!t.

Anybody that hasn't changed in 20 years should engage in some serious self-examination. For a change.
Obama = Shapiro

Totally the same homophobes.

Why do you suck at valid comparisons.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Obama = Shapiro

If you want to make a case re my comparison, feel free to do so.

You have repeatedly bagged on BS for something he said when he was a teenager and stated it was unforgivable. You did the same thing with Tulsi Gabbard. Obama, as a much more mature individual and in a position of actual power, made largely the same statements. Publicly. The same type of statements you have repeatedly characterized as unforgivable. Why the differing standard?

And again, if any individual has not changed in 20 years, they are mired in intellectual mediocrity. Thinking people change their opinions. They evolve. The people who cease to evolve are the ones who cease to think.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Obama = Shapiro

Don’t you mean Shapiro and JP? Because you still haven’t cleared up what you meant when you said “they’ve/their”, which by definition means more than person, therefore it does not make grammatical sense if you were only talking about BS.
Thanks in advance for your clarity :shaka:

• Haha

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
If you want to make a case re my comparison, feel free to do so.

You have repeatedly bagged on BS for something he said when he was a teenager and stated it was unforgivable. You did the same thing with Tulsi Gabbard. Obama, as a much more mature individual and in a position of actual power, made largely the same statements. Publicly. The same type of statements you have repeatedly characterized as unforgivable. Why the differing standard?

And again, if any individual has not changed in 20 years, they are mired in intellectual mediocrity. Thinking people change their opinions. They evolve. The people who cease to evolve are the ones who cease to think.
The point is that Shapiro didn't change, he's still the same homophobic POS he always was and he is not shy saying it.

So what's your point?

That people change? Sure.

Did Shapiro change? No.

Is actively campaigning against gay people and screeching homophobic slurs at them the same as having an opinion that marriage is between a man and a woman?

No. Not even close.

It's not all 1100101011000110, man.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
If you really don't know what point I was attempting to make, there really isn't much point in continuing this conversation.

• Haha

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Shapiro was and is a neocon warmonger. He's basically a Jewish John Bolton but a foot shorter. He thinks the Iraq war wasn't about oil because the price of oil went up on approach to the GFC, as if the Republicans and the people W put in charge of Iraq could manage to not fuck that up.

The next time he's right about something will probably be the first, and his saving grace is that, thanks to God Emperor Augustus Donaldus Trumptavius (who should have had the Taliban at Camp David on 9/11 for MOAR LULZ) people of his ilk (Bolton) are basically getting humiliated out of DC by the Orange Deity. Trump = best Republican CiC since Eisenhower and it's not remotely close.

He's still the greatest pop-culture Conservative mind alive today, by miles. That doesn't exempt him from a point-n-laugh when he goes on a rant about Transgenderism (wrong about one thing) while wearing a Yarmulke (Jewish aka wrong about a book full of things).

I'll give him this, too. He gets to the point. He is rapid fire. Ben Carson, for example, you see him, you might as well walk off, cook a meal, jog up to the beach, stretch and check it, jog back, put your fins in while taking some bong rips, and you'll be there in time for him to finish his elementary school-level tautology (might step up to circular logic if he's had a few cups of coffee and you're lucky) and watch him smile knowingly at nothing in particular as you turn the TV off. Shapiro, I am not sure if it's just nobody listened to him when he was growing up, or he had to speak swiftly to talk his way out of a swirlie before the words became bubbles, but he is fully auto, swappable barrels, military issue-only fast.

Oakleys_N_Zinka

Miki Dora status
Oct 7, 2005
Shapiro was and is a neocon warmonger. He's basically a Jewish John Bolton but a foot shorter. He thinks the Iraq war wasn't about oil because the price of oil went up on approach to the GFC, as if the Republicans and the people W put in charge of Iraq could manage to not fook that up.

The next time he's right about something will probably be the first, and his saving grace is that, thanks to God Emperor Augustus Donaldus Trumptavius (who should have had the Taliban at Camp David on 9/11 for MOAR LULZ) people of his ilk (Bolton) are basically getting humiliated out of DC by the Orange Deity. Trump = best Republican CiC since Eisenhower and it's not remotely close.

He's still the greatest pop-culture Conservative mind alive today, by miles. That doesn't exempt him from a point-n-laugh when he goes on a rant about Transgenderism (wrong about one thing) while wearing a Yarmulke (Jewish aka wrong about a book full of things).

I'll give him this, too. He gets to the point. He is rapid fire. Ben Carson, for example, you see him, you might as well walk off, cook a meal, jog up to the beach, stretch and check it, jog back, put your fins in while taking some bong rips, and you'll be there in time for him to finish his elementary school-level tautology (might step up to circular logic if he's had a few cups of coffee and you're lucky) and watch him smile knowingly at nothing in particular as you turn the TV off. Shapiro, I am not sure if it's just nobody listened to him when he was growing up, or he had to speak swiftly to talk his way out of a swirlie before the words became bubbles, but he is fully auto, swappable barrels, military issue-only fast.
It is a thing to behold, I sure as hell wouldn't want to debate him, but there's something smarmy about his whole schtick.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
It is a thing to behold, I sure as hell wouldn't want to debate him, but there's something smarmy about his whole schtick.
Why wouldn't you want to debate him?

He blames his homophobia on Torah.

You can blame whatever you're wrong about on Jesus and you'd be good.

That's how he "destroys people in debates", with logic and reason.

and religious fairy tales.

Oakleys_N_Zinka

Miki Dora status
Oct 7, 2005
Why wouldn't you want to debate him?

He blames his homophobia on Torah.

You can blame whatever you're wrong about on Jesus and you'd be good.

That's how he "destroys people in debates", with logic and reason.

and religious fairy tales.
That would be pretty disingenuous.