A realistic perspective on how to fix Climate Change...

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Education departments, and departments that end in "Studies" are pretty open in their contempt for western civilization and all that comes with it. Capitalism, freedom of speech, scientific progress, etc. It's all a power game between competing identity groups to them. They use tools like IB training to basically browbeat students into becoming activists. Why not call them out?
Really, contempt for free speech and Western Civilization? LOL

JP is no different from the people he hates.

Just more fascisty.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I think that JP is largely being considered guilty by association; there are certainly
a lot of unsavory folk who have latched on to bits and pieces of his work without
considering the overarching message.

I think his insider status in academia also reinforces a lot of the existing narrative
people hold on to with regard to left-wing academic whackos poisoning our youths.

if you sit and listen to his actual words and writings, he's not making particularly
far-fetched statements....it's just rational, personal responsibility stuff.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
But the excesses of the left are real. Lots of psychopaths attracted to the cause, which I happen to believe in (helping poor people can help them bootstrap).

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
But the excesses of the left are real. Lots of psychopaths attracted to the cause, which I happen to believe in (helping poor people can help them bootstrap).
Agree but is it really proportional?

Is there a JP equivalent on the far left spreading whacky conspiracies and quasi-science?

Or lefty equivalent of Shapiro and other alt-righties?

Or all the far right groups consisting of millions of members?

I can't think of one other than Antifa.

• Haha

Oakleys_N_Zinka

Miki Dora status
Oct 7, 2005
Is there a JP equivalent on the far left spreading whacky conspiracies and quasi-science?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Agree but is it really proportional?

Or lefty equivalent of Shapiro and other alt-righties?

Or all the far right groups consisting of millions of members?

I can't think of one other than Antifa.

The left goes after the left more than the right goes after the right.

Same Harris made a great point about why he went after the left after listeners to his podcast gave him sh!t.

Here it is. At the 33 minute point.

Last edited:

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias

What's that?

Oakleys_N_Zinka

Miki Dora status
Oct 7, 2005
What's that?
Lefty pseudoscience. There's not many major (ridiculous) left public intellectual figures any more on the magnitude of Jordan Peterson but there are thousands of useless professors, pumping out unreadable grievance dreck on the taxpayer dime. These sorts of papers generally go uncited. They're training the trainers. It's the stuff that you're supporting.

• Love

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
So, you’re equating Peterson with these people? Whackos write wacky stuff, like Peterson?