A realistic perspective on how to fix Climate Change...

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I got the idea that people are vulnerable to over reaction and under reaction from JP. (With some help from Porges)

That is a good idea.

Deep.

It really informs an understanding of human behavior.

I think he might be guilty of focusing too much on the over reaction of the left. While ignoring the rise of the plutocrats, which is certainly as much of or greater threat.

I don't get the god stuff. He gets really nutty there. He seems to admit to some degree.

I see religious people get behind him but I don't think they get what he is saying, which is basically weak minded humans need to believe in good fairy tales to function.

Someone post the JP and Kathy Newman interview.

H stayed that dummy.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Its worth noting that there hasn't been a single attempt in this thread to refute the things said in the video about climate change.
The trick would be population control but no one touches that because Jesus and Allah say over populate this sh1tole and let the carnage ensue.

But they said that at a time when the world was less tame so you got to cut them some slack.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Its worth noting that there hasn't been a single attempt in this thread to refute the things said in the video about climate change.
Actually a few people did bring up points he made, which wasn’t much.

The only actual point he made is more applicable to someone like yourself. You know, those whose opinion is tainted by politics and get their info from politicians rather than look at the actual science. Exactly what you do for instance.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
he really didn't provide any material ideas on how to "fix Climate Change"

he just said it's complicated, highly politicized, and the first world is not going
to be willing to check down in terms of their gadgetry and quality of life.

yes...transport and power storage for renewables is a tough nut to crack, but
this country used to pride itself on collectivist endeavors to crack those kinds
of nuts.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Well that's insane :rolleyes:
I’m not an evolutionary psychologist and I’m not at all religious so I don’t know how youi can say that.

Oh, right. Almost forgot.

In your simpleton mind my lack of hate means that I must agree with him in every way. In your closed and bigoted brain there’s no way that I could disagree with someone and not also hate them.

Share with us why you hate JP and cite specific examples (provide links to him saying things that makes you hate him).

I’m curious to hear about it because almost all of the complaints I’ve heard from his detractors are not even true.
Jordan Peterson is a classic libertarian hero.

He doesn't have to be smart, he just have to sound smart for you dummies to gobble up his quasi-intelectual jizz. Just like Shapiro, Rogan, Harris, Crowder and other alt-right cult figures.

Peterson’s secret sauce is to provide an academic veneer to a lot of old school rightwing bullshit, including the notion that most academia is corrupt and evil.

He’s buttering his narrative with pseudo-facts, many of them created for the explicit purpose of promoting white nationalism, especially the whole notion of ‘cultural Marxism’.

The arc of radicalisation often passes through these more ‘moderate’ ideologues.

And you are a perfect subject. Dumb as fvck.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Why did you just repeat yourself
Also, please provide an example of his white nationalist rhetoric. Thanks in advance

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Why did you just repeat yourself
Also, please provide an example of his white nationalist rhetoric. Thanks in advance
JP has repeatedly condemned the far right and has spoken extensively on dangers of white nationalism.

He could quite possibly be the most lied about person in North America and I really can’t wrap my head around why. His detractors are so easily proven to be lying about him. It’s become absurd.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
There’s a lot of overlap with this place -
Peterson is also particularly appealing to disaffected young men. He’s become a lifestyle guru for men and boys who feel displaced by a world where white male privilege is under attack; his new best-selling book, 12 Rules for Life, is explicitly pitched as a self-help manual, and he speaks emotionally of the impact his work has had on anxious, lost young men.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
There’s a lot of overlap with this place -
Peterson is also particularly appealing to disaffected young men. He’s become a lifestyle guru for men and boys who feel displaced by a world where white male privilege is under attack; his new best-selling book, 12 Rules for Life, is explicitly pitched as a self-help manual, and he speaks emotionally of the impact his work has had on anxious, lost young men.
That book has nothing to do with race.