A real conservative weighs in on DJT

craigj532

Kelly Slater status
Nov 9, 2002
You loved him ten years ago, now tear him apart.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/01/a-clarifying-moment-in-american-history/514868

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
Bannon is an amateur trying to play government. It's not going to end well. His level of access requires experience

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Another never trumper

He's sad because his career is destroyed by his own stupidity

The only thing left for him is lefty status points by writing articles like this

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
BillyOcean said:
Another never trumper

The only thing left for him is lefty status points by writing articles like this
Yeah, wishful thinking on Eliot's part. How many King Louis were there? The Trumps are lined up like dominoes.

Gnudz

Phil Edwards status
Apr 5, 2011
Jonestown
www.stormsurfing.com
BillyOcean said:
Another never trumper

You should have read the article and judged it on its merits rather than merely dismissing it with an ad hominem attack on the author.

It's a really prescient article, explaining in detail how Trump's supporters will soon enough find themselves on the outs, both politically and morally.

They ignore these kinds of warnings at their own risk. But, then again...

Fuckem.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I finally paused my ad blocker long enough to read it and its the same establishment whining from everywhere.

As soon as I hear his populist inauguration speech called "dark and divisive" I know what I'm dealing with.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
ifallalot said:
I finally paused my ad blocker long enough to read it and its the same establishment whining from everywhere.

As soon as I hear his populist inauguration speech called "dark and divisive" I know what I'm dealing with.
So what part of the speech was positive and uplifting?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
FecalFace said:
ifallalot said:

America First

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
ifallalot said:
FecalFace said:
ifallalot said:

America First
Yeah, but you're a well-documented fascist.

Gnudz

Phil Edwards status
Apr 5, 2011
Jonestown
www.stormsurfing.com
ifallalot said:
FecalFace said:
ifallalot said:

America First
Which he nicely balanced with "American carnage."

MJOJunkie

Michael Peterson status
Jan 4, 2015
Socal Bight
craigj532 said:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/01/a-clarifying-moment-in-american-history/514868
I read it. It's horseshit.

See my post in the Maher thread.

Both parties have lurched so far off the central theme of what JQ public really wants they are finished as going concerns. It will take awhile but the Neolibs are complete toast. We went from an extreme NeoCon to an extreme NeoLib who could care less about what the people want. Obama just had this extremely good and likeable personality but his policies were utter narcissistic garbage.

Reset the system with a nuclear bomb.

Dow 1000 here we come! :beer: and Pirate Booty forever! :monkey:

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
craigj532 said:

never liked the guy and don't buy the characterization of him being a "real conservative", but I get your point re: Trump.

Still, having a guy that was a driver for Iraq 2 and was apparently silent on the whole warrantless wiretapping thing now say the following is peak irony:

"For the community of conservative thinkers and experts, and more importantly, conservative politicians, this is a testing time. Either you stand up for your principles and for what you know is decent behavior, or you go down, if not now, then years from now, as a coward or opportunist. Your reputation will never recover, nor should it."