A perfectly clear argument for vaccinations.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Attended a convention today for the first time since Covid. About a month ago the organizers sent out an email requiring Vaccine passports or a covid test in order to enter as a guest or exhibitor. Rapid tests at the door for free for the unvaccinated. Lot of vendors left their booths go empty and hardly any foot traffic.

This struck me as odd: The unvaccinated had to get rapid tested but the vaccinated did not. Those vaccinated people are just as likely as anyone to be carrying and spreading the virus. Whole thing is just stupid. If keeping anyone safe had mattered and there was an ounce of common sense everyone would be covid tested regardless of vaccine status.......not that I'm advocating for that stupidity either.

Regarding the empty booths and lack of attendance, I'm thinking those who are genuinely fearful of the virus stayed home. On top of that, their requirement for a vaccine passport or a covid test to get in probably pissed off 30-40% of those who would have otherwise attended and they stayed home. Perfect storm of covid stupidity.

PS: Clearly whoever put this policy together is racist as Photo IDs are required.

"A photo ID (state or federal) must accompany and match your vaccine/test information:
  • Proof of vaccination includes a photo or printed copy of a CDC Vaccine Card, Vaccine Record, the NJ DOCKET app or NY’s Excelsior app.
  • Proof of negative COVID-19 test must show a negative test result and be conducted within 72 hours before event start time. Both PCR and antigen tests are acceptable. On-site rapid testing is available during the above listed times."

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Attended a convention today for the first time since Covid. About a month ago the organizers sent out an email requiring Vaccine passports or a covid test in order to enter as a guest or exhibitor. Rapid tests at the door for free for the unvaccinated. Lot of vendors left their booths go empty and hardly any foot traffic.

This struck me as odd: The unvaccinated had to get rapid tested but the vaccinated did not. Those vaccinated people are just as likely as anyone to be carrying and spreading the virus. Whole thing is just stupid. If keeping anyone safe had mattered and there was an ounce of common sense everyone would be covid tested regardless of vaccine status.......not that I'm advocating for that stupidity either.

Regarding the empty booths and lack of attendance, I'm thinking those who are genuinely fearful of the virus stayed home. On top of that, their requirement for a vaccine passport or a covid test to get in probably pissed off 30-40% of those who would have otherwise attended and they stayed home. Perfect storm of covid stupidity.

PS: Clearly whoever put this policy together is racist as Photo IDs are required.

"A photo ID (state or federal) must accompany and match your vaccine/test information:
  • Proof of vaccination includes a photo or printed copy of a CDC Vaccine Card, Vaccine Record, the NJ DOCKET app or NY’s Excelsior app.
  • Proof of negative COVID-19 test must show a negative test result and be conducted within 72 hours before event start time. Both PCR and antigen tests are acceptable. On-site rapid testing is available during the above listed times."
This post is replete with errors, misconceptions, and misinformation.

Why don't you stop being such a pvssy and tell all those fat cats up at toner cartridge HQ what you really think of their policies?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
i love this guy :cheers:

Holy reductionism Batman! Guess that’s what Twitter is for :foreheadslap:

Also, what if they were already infected? There is “science” to support that, and there are plenty of developed countries that are accepting proof of previous infection as a substitute for a vaccine.

Reactions: LifeOnMars

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I thought the media always lies. Now you believe them? Be very afraid.
Afraid? You seem very confused about my emotional state regarding the virus. Not vaccinated because I have no fear of the virus. I rate my fear of covid somewhere between that of lightning strikes and shark attacks. Sure it could happen but its highly unlikely. You on the other hand live in fear.

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
That's not how statistics work now how transmission or death would be measured.....

:roflmao:

this food shore tastes good !! :) )

SEE THREAD TITLE !!:) )

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois

this food shore tastes good !! :) )

SEE THREAD TITLE !!:) )