A perfectly clear argument for vaccinations.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I don't know where you went but EU and the airlines only accept PCR tests.

And some countries don't recognize US vaxx cards.
Went to Greece in June with layover in Amsterdam on the way and Munich on the return on their respective airlines. Needed a PCR test within 72 hours of arrival for Amsterdam, vaccine card didn't mean sh!t, but Greece did allow the vaccine card. On the return, rapid antigen was okay for returning to the US. IIRC Lufthansa only cared that you fulfilled the requirements to enter the US because the layover in Germany was <24 hours.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Okay, so what you said
Went to Greece in June with layover in Amsterdam on the way and Munich on the return on their respective airlines. Needed a PCR test within 72 hours of arrival for Amsterdam, vaccine card didn't mean sh!t, but Greece did allow the vaccine card. On the return, rapid antigen was okay for returning to the US. IIRC Lufthansa only cared that you fulfilled the requirements to enter the US because the layover in Germany was <24 hours.
Okay so what you said was incorrect.

EU does require PCR test only.

US doesn't.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Okay, so what you said

Okay so what you said was incorrect.

EU does require PCR test only.

US doesn't.
Uhm, no. This was your original statement that spurned my first statement:
"I don’t know about Canada but you can’t get on a plane to anywhere outside North America without a PCR test."

My reply: "When I came back from the EuroZone in June a Rapid Antigen was accepted"

Which entailed me getting on a plane outside of North America, so my statement in response to yours was 100% correct. Your mental gymnastics knows no bounds.

Also- had it been a direct flight from the US to Greece, proof of vaccine would've been enough. All they checked at immigration in Athens was my vaccine card, and the immigration guy spent 2 seconds looking at it while people blasted through.

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
@plasticbertrand ghosting hard on this one :roflmao:

Also had a domestic flight in Greece that didn’t require a test and was free to roam throughout the Schengen zone at that point. Some countries have/had stricter standards than others, some of which were PCR only, but there was no blanket standard.

So yes, getting on a plane in Europe without a PCR was 100% possible, and you were wrong. Do you enjoy being wrong so much :unsure:

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
@plasticbertrand ghosting hard on this one :roflmao:

Also had a domestic flight in Greece that didn’t require a test and was free to roam throughout the Schengen zone at that point. Some countries have/had stricter standards than others, some of which were PCR only, but there was no blanket standard.

So yes, getting on a plane in Europe without a PCR was 100% possible, and you were wrong. Do you enjoy being wrong so much :unsure:
The four European countries I went to this year and 3 different airlines, all accepted only PCR test and dgaf about my vaccination card. Greece may be different.

But maybe gloat some more about "winning". :roflmao:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
The four European countries I went to this year and 3 different airlines, all accepted only PCR test and dgaf about my vaccination card. Greece may be different.

But maybe gloat some more about "winning". :roflmao:
Yes, you were wrong. Then you doubled down and said that was incorrect, when in fact I was 100% correct. I got on more than one airplane outside of North America without PCR tests.

I do agree that the vaccination card was essentially worthless outside of Greece. It didn't do me any favors coming back to the US.

As for what you just posted, yes, rules change but that was not the case in June.

• Haha

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
You mispelled "I was wrong again".
Actually, no- you're still wrong:

"Travelers from the main bloc of countries allowed entry may skip quarantine, provided they have a negative PCR test within 72 hours before travel, proof of infection within the past 2-9 months, or proof they've been fully vaccinated, and completed their cycle at least 14 days earlier. "
Dated October 1st 2021 :trout:

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Actually, no- you're still wrong:

"Travelers from the main bloc of countries allowed entry may skip quarantine, provided they have a negative PCR test within 72 hours before travel, proof of infection within the past 2-9 months, or proof they've been fully vaccinated, and completed their cycle at least 14 days earlier. "
Dated October 1st 2021 :trout:

So now Greece = Europe?

ok

1633893479389.gif

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Is it part of Europe? Yes. Is it all of Europe?
No.

Is it outside of North America, which was your original claim that turned out to be BS? 100% yes.

You really outta take the L and sit this one out :poke:
99% of you claims are false.

You can have Greece, congrats.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
You can have Greece, congrats.
Thanks! Can I have Germany too? For a flight from LAX to Munich:

Passengers must have:
- a negative COVID-19 antigen test taken at most 48 hours before arrival; or
- a negative COVID-19 PCR, RT-LAMP or TMA test taken at most 72 hours before arrival.
-This does not apply to passengers with a COVID-19 vaccination certificate if they in the past 10 days have not been in China (People's Rep.

Also, more at:

So yeah, plenty of places are not requiring a PCR, and some are even accepting vaccination cards and ***GASP*** proof of prior recovery. Science!

• Haha