A perfectly clear argument for vaccinations.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Roatan in Honduras is supposed to be a fancy dive place. I bet there are some good fishing and occasionally surfing opportunities on the coast. But it has a dangerous reputation. A good buddy has a facility down there and heads down every couple months, and it's full security at all times.

Bangladesh looks like India with higher population density, more flooding, and more Muslims. I expect there is some nice mangrove marsh but in general I'm filing that one under hard pass.

When Honduras and Bangladesh spin off lefthanders then I'll go to bat for them.

Reactions: kidfury

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Angola looks like the most epic place on Earth for a goofyfoot in 2021. Would love to spend some time there surfing empty lefts. I get your point but ever since I saw a TSJ article on it I've been horny for it. Looks dank for change of scenery and shwackable lip lines.
Super expensive and not set up for tourists.

Angloa has a ton of weath. But it's held by the corrupt elites.

While the rest of the population lives in squalor.

I would like to do that surf trip to.

I love empty point breaks.

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
Roatan in Honduras is supposed to be a fancy dive place. I bet there are some good fishing and occasionally surfing opportunities on the coast. But it has a dangerous reputation. A good buddy has a facility down there and heads down every couple months, and it's full security at all times.
A friend of mine moved down there and started a rock and roll radio station In Roatan. It seems to be doing quite well.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
my friend (Palestinian!) married a girl from Honduras

he says it's the most beautiful place he's been to, but that I should not visit

it has the second highest murder rate per capita in the world behind El Sal

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
You need to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from the virus that they were vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.
My 73 year old brother in law is just recovering from Covid. He was unvaccinated as of several weeks ago. He’s contractor and caught the Delta variant from one of the labors while working a remodel job in LA. He’s doing okay. I guess now he’s got natural immunity.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
My 73 year old brother in law is just recovering from Covid. He was unvaccinated as of several weeks ago. He’s contractor and caught the Delta variant from one of the labors while working a remodel job in LA. He’s doing okay. I guess now he’s got natural immunity.
It wasn't COVID or he'd be dead. Also, there's no such thing as natural immunity.

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
no, he's not fat like me.

he's 8, very active, very healthy, and a ball of energy. he'll be in the hospital a few days, his BP dropped to dangerously low levels and now they have him on a bunch of meds and he's improving.
That's good hope he's okay. Covid affects people in different ways and the jury is still out on the longer-term effects it has on people especially kids. My daughter is involved in the Covid research program at RADY children's. She says it's way too soon to know what the virus will do to kids.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
That's good hope he's okay. Covid affects people in different ways and the jury is still out on the longer-term effects it has on people especially kids. My daughter is involved in the Covid research program at RADY children's. She says it's way too soon to know what the virus will do to kids.
Fvck off sweet and delicious bag of sugar

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I'd take anything Himbo9000 says with an enormous grain of salt since he's a fantastical liar. Has your daughter checked RAdy's website? We have almost two years of data on what the virus does to kids. It's a risk for kids with pre-existing conditions and that's it.
We know that it disproportionally affects blacks and latino children who tend to be fatter. Only 5,000 cases have been reported in the US.

Back-of-the-envelope, I just calculated that we're going to cause about as many cases of myocarditis in children due to the vaccine as we'll prevent of MIS-C, assuming the spike protein is unrelated to MIS-C.

Just as doctors have been saying that no effects of the vaccines show up later than two months, the same should be true for COVID. If you have long COVID, you simply don't get better from the initial infection. Again, we have two years of data on this.

I love looking back at this history of this:
A good look at the rate of AEs.
The problem is this article does not compare to the rate of injury or death from the disease itself. The other problem is we don't know how many vaccines were accidentally administered intravenously. Skill of the nurse seems to matter in A/Es.

Every medication is risk:reward. If you've already had the virus, it's all risk. Get it if you're >40.