A perfectly clear argument for vaccinations.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
What if the people who don't get the shot get shot up with the virus and go into isolation for a 10 days and then we can be done with this?
you do realize that there are a lot of people who got covid, recovered and therefore have no reason to get the vaccine.

Millions.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Not saying this isn't a BS story, but come on. Restaurant menus on websites are rarely up to date.
”Her” Facebook page is nothing but changes of profile pics and covid posts. She apparently completed her residency in 2019 but other than that claim on Facebook there’s no evidence that a person with that name (or her maiden name) did so.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
”Her” Facebook page is nothing but changes of profile pics and covid posts. She apparently completed her residency in 2019 but other than that claim on Facebook there’s no evidence that a person with that name (or her maiden name) did so.
Super sleuth. Now do Fauci

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Put your (the royal your) money where your “just a sniffle flu election hoax 99% survival rate, everybody’s gonna get it” mouth is. I like it!
What's bizarre is that the OP got vaxxed at the first opportunity.

Johnson & Johnson no less.

Duffy too.

And all the others telling us to leave anti-vaxxers alone.

:unsure:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
What's bizarre is that the OP got vaxxed at the first opportunity.

Johnson & Johnson no less.

Duffy too.

And all the others telling us to leave anti-vaxxers alone.

:unsure:
I waited quite awhile to get vaccinated, FWIW.

I got the shot because my wife volunteers for hospice and is assisting a cancer patient. I also have two nursing homes as clients.

My body my choice, ultimately.

Im not like you. I don’t want my life choices to be mandatory for everyone.

If you don’t want to get jabbed that’s fine by me.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I waited quite awhile to get vaccinated, FWIW.

I got the shot because my wife volunteers for hospice and is assisting a cancer patient. I also have two nursing homes as clients.

My body my choice, ultimately.

Im not like you. I don’t want my life choices to be mandatory for everyone.

If you don’t want to get jabbed that’s fine by me.
So you didn't want to kill old people and those who are fighting cancer but it's okay if other people kill them?

Harming others is not your "life choice".

Again :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
So you didn't want to kill old people and those who are fighting cancer but it's okay if other people do it?

Again :unsure:
I did because I was asked to. Like I said, I had covid so already posed little to no risk to vulnerable people. Said vulnerable expressed to my wife and that getting jabbed would make things simpler and more comfortable for those that we volunteer to help. We could just as easily not help sick/dying people.

Other people would chose differently and I’m ok with that.

That being said, if you’re commingling with vulnerable people while you’re coughing and have a fever you suck.

As for my nursing home peeps, Theyve been clients for almost 20 years and there have been a few occasions over the years where I rescheduled work because I had a cold or the flu. Why? Because viruses kill old people. Duh.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
im directly refuting the message. The message is that people are asking for the vaccine right before they get tubed and I’m saying that that is simply not true.

someone makes up a lie and I say that it’s a lie isn’t “attacking the messenger“.

Prove to me this person is a doctor where she claims. You can’t.

This doesn’t concern you that a “viral” post that’s being blasted everywhere on the news comes from someone who is either totally lying or possibly doesn’t even exist?
what, like this?

can we reasonably assume that the medical center in question would be raising a red flag if she didn't work there? of course we can. but you can't. the more interesting point is the way this story disturbs you and your narrative.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
what, like this?

can we reasonably assume that the medical center in question would be raising a red flag if she didn't work there? of course we can. but you can't.
She apparently exist. She apparently does not work where it claimed she does.

Her linked in profile is made by her.

Duffy LaCoronilla has a pretty prolific social media presence but Duffy doesn’t even exist.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I did because I was asked to. Like I said, I had covid so already posed little to no risk to vulnerable people. Said vulnerable expressed to my wife and that getting jabbed would make things simpler and more comfortable for those that we volunteer to help. We could just as easily not help sick/dying people.
So you wrote that perfectly reasonable paragraph and then followed it up with "other people would chose differently and I’m ok with that".

You were "asked to" get vaccinated in order to not harm others but asking others to get vaccinated in order not to harm others is wrong, how?

Why are you okay with people harming others?

You do understand that this is literally why government even exists - to prevent this?

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
im directly refuting the message. The message is that people are asking for the vaccine right before they get tubed and I’m saying that that is simply not true.

someone makes up a lie and I say that it’s a lie isn’t “attacking the messenger“.

Prove to me this person is a doctor where she claims. You can’t.

This doesn’t concern you that a “viral” post that’s being blasted everywhere on the news comes from someone who is either totally lying or possibly doesn’t even exist?

Reactions: sizzld1

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
My friend is a doctor she recently moved her practice. I found an article on the internet that listed her old practice.

Does this mean she doesnt exist?
your friend also probably has visiting privileges at medical facilities where she's not listed as a staff member.

I love a good goodbye-gotcha post :waving:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
So you wrote that perfectly reasonable paragraph and then followed it up with "other people would chose differently and I’m ok with that".
Correct.

You were "asked to" get vaccinated in order to not harm others
no, I was asked to get vaccinated to assuage people’s unfounded fears. Getting vaccinated had no effect on whether or not I’d harm these people because I already had natural immunity.

but asking others to get vaccinated in order not to harm others is wrong, how?
1. Millions of people have recovered from covid and don’t need vaccines.
2. not everyone is around vulnerable people.
3. people who are otherwise vulnerable but have been vaccinated are no longer vulnerable
4. there is not one single confirmed case of asymptotic spread so simply isolating symptomatic people is sufficient mitigation at this point.
5. if you have not had covid and not gotten the vaccine and are in close contact with vulnerable people who for whatever reason CAN’T have the vaccine then you are a piece of sh!t.

In other words the unvaccinated are posing a risk only to others who have not had covid and chose not to get vaccinate, and a very very tiny subset of the populace who are already unhealthy to the point where getting vaccinated would be dangerous. And those people are very easy to avoid.