A perfectly clear argument for vaccinations.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois

Louisiana's vaccination rate is among the lowest in the country, with just 37% of residents fully vaccinated as of Wednesday, according to data from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It's the fifth lowest in the country, and Louisiana is one of six states that has less than 38% of residents fully vaccinated.

The state's largest healthcare system, Ochsner, has seen a 700% increase in Covid-19 patients over the last month and a 75% increase in the last week, officials said during a news conference on Wednesday.

And the vast majority of those patients -- 88%, according to Ochsner Health CEO Warner Thomas -- are unvaccinated.
"This is absolutely disproportionately hitting folks that are unvaccinated," Thomas said. "Those are the folks that in a very high majority we're seeing coming to the hospital."

SEE THREAD TITLE !! )

SEE THREAD TITLE !! )

:roflmao:

View attachment 113768

View attachment 113769

View attachment 113770

:roflmao:
that last one is gold. :shaka: :cheers:

and I’ll ask again for the dumb kids in the back. I predict that I won’t get an answer.

I‘m curious to know how people think the virus is actually spreading. If it‘s now mainly an epidemic of the unvaccinated……how are people getting it?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I‘m curious to know how people think the virus is actually spreading. If it‘s now mainly an epidemic of the unvaccinated……how are people getting it?
Everyone is going back to work, and about half the country (from what I can tell) is going back to restaurants, bars, sporting events, etc. and the Delta variant apparently spreads far more readily than the OG.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Everyone is going back to work, and about half the country (from what I can tell) is going back to restaurants, bars, sporting events, etc. and the Delta variant apparently spreads far more readily than the OG.
not really addressed at people like you who are reasonable, logical, and seem to have a general understanding of how stuff works.

This was directed mostly at the people who seem to think that vaccinated people are spreading the virus and that unvaccinated people pose no threat to the rest of the population.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
not really addressed at people like you who are reasonable, logical, and seem to have a general understanding of how stuff works.

This was directed mostly at the people who seem to think that vaccinated people are spreading the virus and that unvaccinated people pose no threat to the rest of the population.
You are an emotional wreck.

Your premise is bad so there is no way to answer your question.

Vaccinated people get virus's all the time. It's completely normal. You can't stop it and for the most part it doesn't matter.

I'm sure you've had flu shots and then have felt like you've gotten minor colds or illnesses later that year. in some cases that's a result of being vaccinated and having an immune response that kills the virus before the symptoms become severe.

Remember..the vaccine was never sold as a barrier to infection...it is a barrier to severe disease to keep hospitals from being overwhelmed and people from dying. Getting sick is part of life.

A good vaccine will have a 50% chance at stopping infections cold in about 10% of the population.

Some people who are vaccinated are going to get sick and some may die. These cases are so far to the right of the decimal point they don't deserve inclusion in the covid conversation.

If you are fully vaccinated you have very little to worry about and certainly have exactly zero reasons to wear a mask.

If you test positive for SARS CoV 2 today it is 99% likely you will test positive for the delta variant. So what? All this means is that the vaccines and natural immunity has worked and caused the virus to mutate to survive. That means we are winning.

The delta variant is a non issue. Vaccinated people aren't dying from it in higher numbers than than previous versions. It's just the dominant variation right now. There will be another, and another, and another. You're being hoodwinked. You should spit the hook out.

Last edited:

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
You are an emotional wreck.

Your premise is bad so there is no way to answer your question.

Vaccinated people get virus's all the time. It's completely normal. You can't stop it and for the most part it doesn't matter.

I'm sure you've had flu shots and then have felt like you've gotten minor colds or illnesses later that year. in some cases that's a result of being vaccinated and having an immune response that kills the virus before the symptoms become severe.

Remember..the vaccine was never sold as a barrier to infection...it is a barrier to severe disease to keep hospitals from being overwhelmed and people from dying. Getting sick is part of life.

A good vaccine will have a 50% chance at stopping infections cold in about 10% of the population.

Some people who are vaccinated are going to get sick and some may die. These cases are so far to the right of the decimal point they don't deserve inclusion in the covid conversation.

If you are fully vaccinated you have very little to worry about and certainly have exactly zero reasons to wear a mask.

If you test positive for SARS CoV 2 today it is 99% likely you will test positive for the delta variant. So what? All this means is that the vaccines and natural immunity has worked and caused the virus to mutate to survive. That means we are winning.

The delta variant is a non issue. Vaccinated people aren't dying from it in higher numbers than than previous versions. It's just the dominant variation right now. There will be another, and another, and another. You're being hoodwinked. You should spit the hook out.
Most of this post is factually incorrect and/or just completely made up.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
that last one is gold. :shaka: :cheers:

and I’ll ask again for the dumb kids in the back. I predict that I won’t get an answer.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Most of this post is factually incorrect and/or just completely made up.
Deaths are still lower than they were just a few months ago, and well below last year and the first quarter of this year, despite an increase in cases.

The media loves to delta variant because without it, they have literally nothing to talk about.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot and PRCD

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Deaths are still lower than they were just a few months ago, and well below last year and the first quarter of this year, despite an increase in cases.

The media loves to delta variant because without it, they have literally nothing to talk about.
$.02

If there's a deaths bump it'll lag. Median time to hospitalization was like a month, and time to death was like another couple weeks?

There's a Jan 6th shitshow hearing, and Infrastructure Week is ALWAYS news gold.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar

Louisiana's vaccination rate is among the lowest in the country, with just 37% of residents fully vaccinated as of Wednesday, according to data from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It's the fifth lowest in the country, and Louisiana is one of six states that has less than 38% of residents fully vaccinated.

The state's largest healthcare system, Ochsner, has seen a 700% increase in Covid-19 patients over the last month and a 75% increase in the last week, officials said during a news conference on Wednesday.

And the vast majority of those patients -- 88%, according to Ochsner Health CEO Warner Thomas -- are unvaccinated.
"This is absolutely disproportionately hitting folks that are unvaccinated," Thomas said. "Those are the folks that in a very high majority we're seeing coming to the hospital."

SEE THREAD TITLE !! )

And doesn't Louisiana have one of the highest rates of obesity in the country? Double-wide trailer trash getting double-wide hospital beds.

That should go well.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
he’s gonna move further inland to pwn the libs.

THE SURFING SUCKS but the terrorists are in jail and the sharks are few and far between !! : )

Reactions: hal9000

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.