A little longer fish?

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
7’ - 6’6” - 6’

First ride :

7’

Just surfed the 7’ with the forward fin placement I can not believe how good this board goes. I can knife a late drop or glide in early. It really is the best of both worlds. shortboard turns with mid length glide. The waves were pretty flat but I got one with a little bowl to it and the way it comes off the bottom grips the wave face and then just projects is the best thing I’ve surfed. I think it was the fastest I’ve ever gone on a board. One pump has more speed and projection then three pumps on another board. it got a tiny bit squirrelly going that fast so I think the proper fin position is going to be further back but I was having too much fun to go and change it. I connected with it from the first wave. You’re the fucking man!!’ Thank you so much. 100 percent customer for life

Told him I had lots of info to share as he rides these

Would love to get more info! I’m a full convert. It went rail to rail smoother and easier then I ever imagined. I had to get use to standing up and having so much speed. My girlfriend was on the beach and she said it was the fastest she’s ever seen me surf. Said that I looked 80 pounds lighter. How the hell is everyone not riding these!?. I instantly felt like my surfing progressed and I was surfing better then ever .
Twin fins?????

aldo

Nep status
Aug 13, 2012
Bahamas
After trading my first long phish a few years back I decided to give it another roll after talking with the people at CC in the USA. I had a Bali trip planned and had a board made there. 6’8 x 21 x 2 9/16 with instructions to refine the rails and thin out/pull in the tail as much as possible. My first one(6’7 21 1/4 x 2 9/16)was fast and easy to get into waves but it was a real chore to turn. After my chat with the CC people I reckon the fin placement was a little too far forward.
The second board proved to be a gem. It had a lot less volume despite being slightly longer, has hard rails and also looks to have a bit more rocker throughout. I surfed it the last two weeks in Bali in several different spots varying from shoulder high and soft to 2/3 x OH reeling reef break and everything inbetween and it performed admirably in all. The board is what I hoped the first one would be and it shows that dims do not always tell the full story.
This board will slot in the quiver for small soft waves in place of a long board and big lined up waves where a little more volume and rail line will be appreciated. I have ridden it with both the CC keels(which I prefer) and the CC upright twins which loosened up the board considerably in smaller waves. I see Beau Cram likes the uprights which makes the board turn a little more like a standard short board while maintaining the glide and speed. The keels give it a more solid feel with more drive.536D1C9C-0229-4B27-A902-73FE6FDDF905.jpeg

CE4C8AED-25CC-4FC5-9F27-6E5FFEF4CDCB.jpeg

bobsacamano

OTF status
Apr 9, 2016
Had a 6'10 CC Long Phish, pretty much stock dims. Great board went well in kinda serious surf with the CC Keels, very dependable and got into waves really well. I liked it with big uprights (Alkali) in smaller surf. Felt a bit tracky sometimes, but it was very fast and great at making sections and getting through flat spots. I think I should have got it a few inches shorter, but oh well.

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
In the past I never really considered fishes over my height before. Randomly ordered a custom moonstone through xtr one day to try something different. Kinda like a skinny fish. I'm 5'9" and its 6'2" x 20 x 2 7/16. Its been a magic board for me. I'm impressed every time I'm on it. Catches waves easily, lots of drive and a solid engaged feeling underfoot (I run cc keels). Very fast down the line when you want it to be but what might of impressed me the most is how well it changes direction and gets on rail at those speeds. It just engages so easy on carves and holds solid while the glide carries through everything. Maybe its the longer rail I'm clicking with so well, but something about it is very addicting on carves and everything just works. Opened my eyes up to longer fish boards for sure and would love to try others to see if they click in a similar way.

Have posted these pics before somewhere but its worthy and appropriate for this thread.

ms2.jpg

ms1.jpg

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
samesies bros

my moonstone 6’6 x 19.75 x 2.56
Yolo’d it after a particularly frustrating session at a rolling reef wave that breaks further out, when I was paddling a 5’8.

have had it out in knee high peelers to HH-OH running point waves, and it’s worked in both. Also running CC keels. The longer rail line & paddle power feels great. I’d definitely like to try a shorter one 6’2-6’4
0BC47465-2364-4F2C-82F8-DA54B65780F7.jpeg

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
I have been kicking around the idea to do a 7 something channel twinzer.
surfed Bolas a few weeks ago where it would have been perfect. I got a fwe good waves on my 6-4,but there was a guy out on a "mid" length getting the best ones coming through. He could get in early enough to make the LONG section. He was having fun
do it. then hate it. ill give you $200

Reactions: MathDebater