A bank is suing me , need advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
You can be in recovery or you can not drink. Recovery better X 1,000. AA, ACOA, ALANON > Happy Hour IMHO

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
Isn't that the same thing?
Gotta get to why you're a drunk. Lotsa alcoholics have underlying emotional/behavioral/personality disorders. A recovery program can help with that. Just being sober doesn't necessarily. Recovery demands some harsh, brutal honesty.

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
You know what is the most farked up part about this...It was only about 80 years ago that a majority of Americans lived in tents and shacks and they were perfectly fine.

Who says you need to live in a gypsum cell?

Where did this ”career“ sh!t come from?

You need food? Hit the church food banks then go Surf.

Reactions: Chocki

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
It’s 2019 and I live in an un-insulated 1200 sqft. Shack. The roof is only 2x6 tongue and groove boards with tar and rock on top. There is many layers of lead paint on the walls from1958 to 1974. :)
below the layers, America is a big bluff on the world stage.

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
Or I could go full diiickkk and ask...so unemployment is quite possibly at the lowest level in US history...the stock market close to historic highs...but we are still bitchin about having to rent/affordable housing...

Were your family the 1 percenters during the depression? My Great grandfather was born in a tent on Corando in Tent City...and I think lived there for awhile.

We have it so farking good.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
below the layers, America is a big bluff on the world stage.

When you travel, you find that below the layers, the rest of the world is a shakier hand of cards.

Then you travel some more and wonder, "Wait, are we playing highcard or lowball?"

Then some more travel/time and suddenly, "Whoa, maybe I don't need a vinyl wrapped car, maybe I need a Temperpedic mattress, double pane windows, and disease resistant apple tree, and a few nephews and nieces that can carry their own water."

Last edited:

fishtank

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 20, 2010
Were your family the 1 percenters during the depression?
My grandpa born in 1931 was an airline mechanic his entire working life after getting out of the marines. He grew up in NYC and seemed to have had a normal childhood, never mentioned people living in tents. He said his father worked an average job with DuPont. Maybe he was one of the lucky ones? Definitely not a one percenter.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
You know what is the most farked up part about this...It was only about 80 years ago that a majority of Americans lived in tents and shacks and they were perfectly fine.

Sometimes I think the world would be a much better place if we could’ve just frozen things in place pre industrial revolution.

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
My grandpa born in 1931 was an airline mechanic his entire working life after getting out of the marines. He grew up in NYC and seemed to have had a normal childhood, never mentioned people living in tents. He said his father worked an average job with DuPont. Maybe he was one of the lucky ones? Definitely not a one percenter.
to be honest I didn’t know the numbers but now I do...

not bad, only 2 million people were homeless and unemployment was 25 percent.

————————————-

During the Great Depression, the country was hit with an extremely large unemployment rate. By 1933, the unemployment rate had climbed from 3% to 25%. By 1932, over 13 million Americans had lost their jobs.
Between 1929 and 1932, incomes, on average, were reduced by 40%. Deflation took hold, reducing prices by 10% per year on goods. Foreclosures rose sharply. By 1934, nearly one-half of all residential loans were delinquent and over 1 million families lost their farms. In 1932 alone, 273,000 families were evicted from their homes. Between 1929 and 1932, construction of homes dropped by an incredible 80%.
The Great Plain States were hit even harder than other states. This is because they were hit by a severe drought. This is where the term “Dust Bowl” originated. Many companies were forced to close, due to the economic environment. Banks were closing at an alarming rate and in 1933 alone, more than 4,000 banks closed. By 1933, the GDP fell 33%. During the Great Depression, there were 2 million homeless people in the United States. The stock market hit a low in 1932 closing at 41.22, down 89.2% from its all-time high.
It is interesting to note that one industry actually did very well during this period of time. It was the Hollywood film industry. It is thought that people went to the movies because, for a brief time while at the movie, they could forget their many hardships. Comedies were big at this time and the Three Stooges provided a great deal of entertainment for many. The Wizard of Oz was released during this period in 1939.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I'm glad we live in the only developed country in the world where a relatively minor health incident and non-consensual transport and treatment can easily result into medical-induced poverty.
Don't get in the ambulance!

I've always driven myself with my good limb bleeding all over the inside of my car.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County

If it weren't for people like me, people like you would still live in tents.

You are welcome

Topazslider

OTF status
Jan 9, 2018
There is a way to make your issue with the bank go away, which has something to do with making soap from liposuction waste.

Reactions: Chocki
Status
Not open for further replies.