9th Circuit rules against Democrat child abuse. Gavin and drunk on power democrats do not have the right or authority to close private schools.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
After this year, many parents looked under the hood of what's actually going on at school. It's Woke and LGBT indoctrination and very little in the way of instruction. Our schools get an 'F' according to educators:
Not only that, but they insist on preventing kids from doing better:
Many parents want better opportunities for our kids than the ESL/Special Needs public schools, so we're pulling our kids out and putting them in alternatives. Satan and his teachers' unions don't like this so they called their governor to do something about it. I wonder, though, did Newsom want this to succeed? His kids are in private school. Who knows what back-room deals were made with the Ninth Circuit.

One thing's clear: get your kids out of public school

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Do they not have continuation schools any longer?
This is not a valid excuse. Teachers' unions could push for higher disciplinary standards if they wanted. Instead, they've been doing the opposite for decades. Kicking kids out means you can't cash cow the kids. I get that there's nothing else for some kids to do until they're 16, but child labor laws could be changed.

We've done what the teachers' unions wanted all year. They are extremely powerful. The schools are the way they want them.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
After this year, many parents looked under the hood of what's actually going on at school. It's Woke and LGBT indoctrination and very little in the way of instruction. Our schools get an 'F' according to educators:
Not only that, but they insist on preventing kids from doing better:
Many parents want better opportunities for our kids than the ESL/Special Needs public schools, so we're pulling our kids out and putting them in alternatives. Satan and his teachers' unions don't like this so they called their governor to do something about it. I wonder, though, did Newsom want this to succeed? His kids are in private school. Who knows what back-room deals were made with the Ninth Circuit.

One thing's clear: get your kids out of public school
IMO if a kid isnt doing well in school, its the parents fault.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
IMO if a kid isnt doing well in school, its the parents fault.
The data suggest we have a nation of bad parents then:
Still, the response of schools should not be to make the situation worse or cynically exploit it but encourage other arms of the government to do something about it. Does anyone know of policies that disrupt family life in this country? I know of several.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
The big problem with teachers and the unions is that they are very quick to claim victim status but at the same time very ill prepared to handle scrutiny or criticism. This makes them seem disingenuous and will eventually lead to the us against them mentality between them and parents that we see in everything else political today...only the kids suffer.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The Right historically hates public education because of its high cost.

The Left hate of public education in the last 10 years was a surprise.

It's good that the Right is reasserting itself in teacher and public ed hate game.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
The Right historically hates public education because of its high cost.
We hate it because of its atheism, Communism, its contempt of parents and low quality vs. the cost. Public education should be a high-quality service to citizens free of Leftist meddling and politicization that excels at the 3 Rs' and reinforces other institutions like family and government and promotes civic virtue. It does the opposite.
The Left hate of public education in the last 10 years was a surprise.
They don't hate it. They love it. Why do you think Bill Ayers got into it?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
They hate teachers.

Trust me on that one.
The public school teachers I talk to say their hands are tied by those above them to improve methods or content and that the administrations are defeating all non-conformists in detail.

Although I see the need for the public school system and don't see how we can function as a nation without it, I see no way of fixing it. AO Hirschman's framework is helpful here.
1627401985470.png
Exit is the only option. Exit scares them.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I don't agree that exit is the only solution.

Despite my admin overlords, I'm still doing some great teaching.

It's all about the relationship between the student and the teacher.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
CDC is recommending child abuse starting today

They're choosing to punish the children for those not toeing the line

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I don't agree that exit is the only solution.

Despite my admin overlords, I'm still doing some great teaching.

It's all about the relationship between the student and the teacher.
Test scores and decline of the system means you're teaching ninth grade writing to 13th graders. If you think that's worth it, great. Over time, you're going to be teaching more and more of high school and junior high to "college" students.

CDC is recommending child abuse starting today

They're choosing to punish the children for those not toeing the line
It's punishment of everyone:

You gain nothing by cooperating.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Every time a teachers group...LAUSD comes to mind but there was also a good one with Burbank Unified.....you watch the new coverage and you see adults who have no concept of basic English and have trouble putting sentences together that don't even remotely explain the point they are trying to make. It's almost like watching re-runs of the Arsenio Hall show, where one makes some ebonics laces sentence and the rest start chanting something equally stupid. Maybe they aren't teachers and instead the union hires a bunch of retards to stand outside all day with picket signs.