87,000 new IRS agents with $700,000 in newly purchased ammunition -What could possibly go wrong?

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
The Trump raid is just the start. Meet the new gestapo.

Story #1:

Democratic economic package adds 87K new IRS agents

------------------------------------------------------------------
A large cash infusion for the Internal Revenue Service is part of the economic package Democrats are working to push through Congress before their August break.

Under a deal worked out by Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin, the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 would spend an extra $79.6 billion on the agency over the next 10 years.

The added cash is expected to go toward hiring 87,000 new IRS agents, roughly doubling the agency’s size…..

Story #2:

Yes, the Internal Revenue Service did buy nearly $700K in ammunition in early 2022

VERIFY viewer Ian asked if the IRS bought $700,000 in ammunition earlier this year. It’s true. It’s for armed agents who can carry weapons and ammunition.
…..
Yes, between March 1 and June 1, 2022, the IRS ordered $696,000 in ammunition, a spokesperson confirmed to VERIFY.
…..
The order was for the IRS Criminal Investigation (IRS-CI) division, which is a federal law enforcement agency that conducts criminal investigations including tax violations, money laundering, cyber crimes, and organized crime involving drugs and gangs. There are more than 2,000 sworn special agents in the division…..

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
My tax code game is really weak.

I think they should be taxing the fuck out of these tech guy who got windfalls because the god Kairos smiled on them.

They could be taxed at 50% and still have too much money.

I really believe you can have too much money.

Compounding interest is the feature that tilts the playing field in favor of the rich.

It's free money.

It's weird how the advocates for the poor never mention this feature.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
My tax code game is really weak.

I think they should be taxing the fook out of these tech guy who got windfalls because the god Kairos smiled on them.

They could be taxed at 50% and still have too much money.

I really believe you can have too much money.

Compounding interest is the feature that tilts the playing field in favor of the rich.

It's free money.

It's weird how the advocates for the poor never mention this feature.

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
And the entire story is essentially bs...

The Inflation Reduction Act, a landmark climate, health care and tax package that passed the Senate on Sunday and is expected to head to Biden’s desk after the House approves it on Friday, includes roughly $78 billion for the IRS to be phased in over 10 years. A Treasury Department report from May 2021 estimated that such an investment would enable the agency to hire roughly 87,000 employees by 2031. But most of those hires would not be Internal Revenue agents, and wouldn’t be new positions.

Read more: How The Inflation Reduction Act Aims To Close Tax Loopholes

According to a Treasury Department official, the funds would cover a wide range of positions including IT technicians and taxpayer services support staff, as well as experienced auditors who would be largely tasked with cracking down on corporate and high-income tax evaders.

“It is wholly inaccurate to describe any of these resources as being about increasing audit scrutiny of the middle class or small businesses,” Natasha Sarin, a counselor for tax policy and implementation at the Treasury Department, tells TIME.

At the same time, more than half of the agency’s current employees are eligible for retirement and are expected to leave the agency within the next five years. “There’s a big wave of attrition that’s coming and a lot of these resources are just about filling those positions,” says Sarin, an economist who has studied tax avoidance extensively and who was tapped by the Biden administration to beef up the IRS’s auditing power.

In all, the IRS might net roughly 20,000 to 30,000 more employees from the new funding, enough to restore the tax-collecting agency’s staff to where it was roughly a decade ago.

Last edited:

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
We could probably save money by threatening to turn Switzerland and the Caymans into glass factories if they don't relinquish the billions (trillions?) being hidden in their banks. A show of good faith would be allowing them to keep 10% for services rendered. :beer:

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
And the entire story is essentially bs...
You can explain it away with truth and facts all you want, the rubes already heard from their trusted sources that 87,000 jackbooted stormtroopers from the IRS are coming after their last dollar. Nothing will change their minds.

Reactions: sizzld1

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Have you ever been audited?
No, but my family members have.

My tax lady is a crazy Donald Trump loving riverside chick.

Audit away, bioches! :dancing:

(I'm not really worth the trouble given my low earnings.)

My rich DT friend fudges so hard. His tax guy writes off everything.

He should be posting here with team :cry:.

PS save your receipts at the gay bar, D. :dancing:

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
And then ifailalot 3.0 and TMZ became the same stupid thing. :roflmao:

1660194111845.png

How is it possible for somebody to be more retarded as they get older?