805 Firestone Walker

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I don't know if they still do it, but FW would brand beers for restaurants using the old honey blond, and also when it became 805. Like, a place like Chilis might have a blonde ale on tap and call it Chili's Blonde Ale and it's 805, but with a Chilis tap handle and beer name.

Oh and how the IG account pertains to FW is it's just a parody of the 805 ad with Connor.

Reactions: grapedrink

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Stickee Monkee, A Barrel-Aged Central Coast Quad - Firestone Walker Brewing Company (firestonebeer.com)

Return of the Legend: Parabola 2020 - Firestone Walker Brewing Company (firestonebeer.com)

I like thick, high alcohol, dark beers that drink like a meal. I've stopped drinking such because the sh!t will make you fat. But yeah, they have some premium stuff that is good. Difficult to find, but worth the look if you're into that sort of thing. When we drive north to visit my wife's parents, we will stop by the brewery, I'll knock down a couple of the above and hand the keys to my wife. Onward!! :beer::sleep:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I'd drink this over 805 every single time:

View attachment 135935

Then there's always:

View attachment 135936

and

View attachment 135937

Not sure if they distribute this one near you, but it's good:

View attachment 135941
The Firestone Pilsner is ok. Scrimshaw is good. Thanks for the recs for the other 2, I’ll track those down :beer:

Founders Solid Gold is nice if you can find it but it’s too far from home to get shelf space here. Maybe 5 years back Full Sail and St Archer had pretty good pilsners in distribution but they are impossible to find now, if they even exist. Beer distribution politics kills so many good beers :(

Reactions: jkb

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
The Firestone Pilsner is ok. Scrimshaw is good. Thanks for the recs for the other 2, I’ll track those down :beer:

Founders Solid Gold is nice if you can find it but it’s too far from home to get shelf space here. Maybe 5 years back Full Sail and St Archer had pretty good pilsners in distribution but they are impossible to find now, if they even exist. Beer distribution politics kills so many good beers :(
Tons of small local breweries make good pilsners but finding a good one can be difficult. You might want to try Enegren. They pretty much specialize in lagers (Pilsners, Helles, etc). If you ever drive through Buellton, head up to the Backroom/Valley Brewers in Solvang and grab a few cans. They drive all over the state to buy from breweries to stock their beer fridge so we don't have to.

Reactions: jkb and grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Tons of small local breweries make good pilsners but finding a good one can be difficult. You might want to try Enegren. They pretty much specialize in lagers (Pilsners, Helles, etc). If you ever drive through Buellton, head up to the Backroom/Valley Brewers in Solvang and grab a few cans. They drive all over the state to buy from breweries to stock their beer fridge so we don't have to.
I know they're out there. It's the packaging and price that doesn't work for me as a daily drinker. I don't like crowlers and growlers unless I'm planning to finish it the day I open it because otherwise it goes stale IMO. Plus you are basically paying bar price for them.

Some places are putting stuff in pint cans which is cool.

Beer consumer with complicated special needs (in more ways than one), out! :beer:

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
So hawt:
View attachment 135853
It boils down to the fact that breweries don't get to pick their most popular beer. The consumer does. The sales from this beer alone probably pays for all their operations now.

Just more evidence that the consumer is stupid.
we need a meme contest and shirts with this!

805 sells because craft beer is popular...everyone wants to liek beer...but not everyone does....however....dress some SLIGHTLY by a pube (at best) better-than-budweiser beer in hipster clothes...give it a nice logo to seem crafty and shat...and you have milliosn of people who do not like good beer buying something to look cool or make them feel liek they are into something. SOLID marketing approach. As well...it probably costs the exact same as budweiser to make...so the profit margins, selling at a "craft" price...have to be more than decent.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Their Union Jack ipa was great. My go to is Swamis IPA... just a solid beer. If Im drinking lighter I have rediscovered Pacifico. Love that stuff.

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
Stickee Monkee, A Barrel-Aged Central Coast Quad - Firestone Walker Brewing Company (firestonebeer.com)

Return of the Legend: Parabola 2020 - Firestone Walker Brewing Company (firestonebeer.com)

I like thick, high alcohol, dark beers that drink like a meal. I've stopped drinking such because the sh!t will make you fat. But yeah, they have some premium stuff that is good. Difficult to find, but worth the look if you're into that sort of thing. When we drive north to visit my wife's parents, we will stop by the brewery, I'll knock down a couple of the above and hand the keys to my wife. Onward!! :beer::sleep:
dude....you ever roll south? seriously...if you hit the south la/north oc area...let me know...we're gonna get SH!TTY

• Haha
Reactions: Sharky