800 not good enough!

HSY

OTF status
Aug 15, 2011
It was all through apartments.com, just emails through there.

This guy was a scammer. He just came back and said my score wasn't high enough for this property, but OK for another. Typical real estate bait and switch.
yeah, total BS. 800 is plenty high enough to rent. It's high enough for a jumbo mortgage.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I've had two CB, one McCrystal, and one other, Bing maybe. Just not a design for me.
Bing and McCrystal is not Malcom or Jacob Campbell and really not sure what McCrystal is but do know Malcom and Duncan skooled Bing on the design:shrug:I was intrigued by McCrystal and kinda remembered that name so I looked and found yes bonzer fin set up but no sexy concave so no does not count :toilet:

Last edited:

trifish

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
Reach out to everybody you know. Off market is the way. I just spent 6 months trying to purchase a place and dealing with all that nonsense. 20 bidders each house, waiving all contingencies... Finalllllly got a place, only because I was able to snipe it before it ever went to market.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I remember renting from the Irvine company ~20yrs ago and needing to prove monthly take home was 3-4x rental rate, and maximum (2 full month) security deposit.

i do not miss renting but I dont love the extra chores that come when you know it’s yours to deal witb.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
rents are rising rapidly again in this neck of the woods. managed to get a great deal on the place Im in back in April but this same APT layout is now 400 bucks more than I pay.

My credit score was/is above 800 but this place only had me do the standard credit check and turn in a screen shot of my BOFA accounts page. never heard of bidding on an apartment.

Reactions: oeste858 and sdsrfr

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
rents are rising rapidly again in this neck of the woods. managed to get a great deal on the place Im in back in April but this same APT layout is now 400 bucks more than I pay.

My credit score was/is above 800 but this place only had me do the standard credit check and turn in a screen shot of my BOFA accounts page. never heard of bidding on an apartment.
What part of LA you in?

I'm looking mid-city, south of Wilshire, north of Jefferson, between Fairfax and Arlington would be ideal.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
What part of LA you in?

I'm looking mid-city, south of Wilshire, north of Jefferson, between Fairfax and Arlington would be ideal.
im in mid city, miracle mile i guess.. wilshire and hauser. https://www.theprestonapts.com/ everythings been renovated since those picture on the site. partments and lobby/facilities.

not the cheapest place but not the most expensive and the building and people are great so far. walk score x1000