8’ 10” Pyzel Padillac

surfysurfy1476

Nep status
Jan 27, 2018
8’10” x 21” x 3” 57.3L Good condition, not much use.
5 fin futures
Fins and leash not included
$775 obo
Board is in Santa Barbara

surfysurfy1476

Nep status
Jan 27, 2018
J_D_J said:
The problem with owning a board like that is using it.
Patagonia makes really nice vests now :wave2:

Or if you are old and wanna get a lot more waves in overhead stuff that’s not massive.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Why didn’t you tell me you have an 8’10?

Fucker.

Now when I get pitched at TOH __________ I’m gonna be all, “fuck, 8’6 is too small! Fucking surfy1476 held out on me....”

Are you doing this so I buy your 8’10 as well?

Haha.

Actually, I might know a buyer. I’ll hit him up.

PS, might have to get one of those vests. Sunny Garcia be damned.

surfysurfy1476

Nep status
Jan 27, 2018
I have one of those vests, haven’t had to use it yet. This board isn’t mine. I’ll trade it straight across for the 8’6” if ya want.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
surfy1476 said:
I have one of those vests, haven’t had to use it yet. This board isn’t mine. I’ll trade it straight across for the 8’6” if ya want.
Nah, I prefer the 8’6.

What size is the vest? Where’d you get it? Did you order online? Patagooch is selling them for $74.00 right now.

They say to wear it under your wetsuit. That doesn’t seem like it would be too comfortable...

surfysurfy1476

Nep status
Jan 27, 2018
Got it from patagucci summer after El Niño. It’s xl it fits really nice, I haven’t used it yet or even tried it on with a wetsuit, but I think it will be fine. And yeah I figured you’d rather have the 8’6”. A guy called me today To ask about the 8’10 but wanted to know if the 8’6 was still around said he’d rather have that.

Jan 21, 2013
it's actually really comfortable under a wetsuit in comparison to knowing what could happen if things go wrong. I wear one in sf when it gets DOH+. makes somewhat sketchy situations appear safe (note the key word appear)

the board look sooo darn good for nor cal. ;P

surfysurfy1476

Nep status
Jan 27, 2018
Duffy said:
It seems I can’t get one (vest). Patagonia isn’t selling them anymore, apparently.
That is a bummer. I was going to get one for the guy im selling this board for. Any idea if they will come back into production? I spent a few minutes looking for an alternative and couldn't find anything.

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
J_D_J said:
one time i had a gun board and i was gonna ride big waves in OZ but when it hit 15ft and clean
i realized i had bit off more than i could chew. watched from the beach.

that day - cyclone roger - the newspaper had a front page photo of a giant cargo ship resting on 2 swells
with its giant propeller clean out of the water.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
surfy1476 said:
Duffy said:
It seems I can’t get one (vest). Patagonia isn’t selling them anymore, apparently.
That is a bummer. I was going to get one for the guy im selling this board for. Any idea if they will come back into production? I spent a few minutes looking for an alternative and couldn't find anything.
I tried to order off their website and no luck. I did “live chat” with a person through the site and the lady said there was none in stock and no back order. She said that if “someone returned one” she’d get back to me.

I’m going to be down in Oxnard today so I’ll stop by the store in Ventura and see what’s up.

And yeah, no real alternatives available.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
acnjusa said:
J_D_J said:
one time i had a gun board and i was gonna ride big waves in OZ but when it hit 15ft and clean
i realized i had bit off more than i could chew. watched from the beach.

that day - cyclone roger - the newspaper had a front page photo of a giant cargo ship resting on 2 swells
with its giant propeller clean out of the water.
Sometimes I look at it and say, “nope”, and go somewhere else (or just watch it for awhile).

Sometimes I can’t make it out.

Sometimes I make it out, look at it and say, “nope”, and paddle back in.

Sometimes I make it out and actually get some.

There’s no shame in knowing when you’re beat.

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
Honestly, the vests are more trouble than they are worth. Tried one once, never again. Sunset is my home break, I surf Waimea regularly without one, Phantoms and Himalayas too. They won't substitute for fitness and unless you surf with them a lot, will make you feel really awkward. Unless you are charging Hawaiian outer reefs on the biggest days, or 20+ plus Mavs, or maxing Puerto or Pascuales on the regular, save your money. You definitely don't need them for TOH waves. Sunny is right.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
youcantbeserious said:
Honestly, the vests are more trouble than they are worth. Tried one once, never again. Sunset is my home break, I surf Waimea regularly without one, Phantoms and Himalayas too. They won't substitute for fitness and unless you surf with them a lot, will make you feel really awkward. Unless you are charging Hawaiian outer reefs on the biggest days, or 20+ plus Mavs, or maxing Puerto or Pascuales on the regular, save your money. You definitely don't need them for TOH waves. Sunny is right.
I tried one on yesterday and I didn’t like the way it felt so I didn’t get one.

One of the things that always bugs me on the first big swell of the year is that the place I go to is pretty cold so I’m usually putting on a bit more rubber than usual and it takes me a bit (sometimes) to get used to the feel. It’s really just one additional factor to an already stress filled session.

I really just couldn’t see that adding one of those vests to that would make me feel more confident. I think I’d feel less confident.

Being relaxed is the most important factor for me.

Man I wish I had regular access to warm water.

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
Yeah man being relaxed is the main thing. You are obviously fit as a fiddle so the rest is just mental. Those vests just make me feel bulky and stiff and throw me off.

Big ups to you animals for charging big waves in cold water. I'm too much of a thin blooded pansy.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
You are obviously fit as a fiddle so the rest is just mental.
Yeah, about that “fit as a fiddle”...

Surfed the other day and realized just how out of surfing shape I am. Horrible winter mixed with busy work load and prioritizing other activities has taken its toll.

So I’m back in the pool to give myself a good 5-6 months of swimming endurance training before the winter comes.

I’m getting a bit long in the tooth so it’s likely that my expiration date for “charging” is approaching fast so I’m making a concerted effort this year to get it while I can.

I’m definitely fit but being that I’m my own harshest critic I’ve got work to do.

Relentless Forward Progress.