7'0" G&S Magic singlefin with 7.5" Skip Frye fin - $700

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
Great condition. Watertight, with one small ding on tail that occurred out of the water. Not even sure that it has pressure dings in the deck, but I'm lazy and have never stripped the wax off to check. Board was handshaped as a team model for Pete Johnson, who I was told simply never rode it.

I would estimate it's in the 45L volume range, but that number is wholly FMA. Paddles like a dream, glides like a goddamn majestic bird of prey, is capable of turning if you're missing the point, duck dives like a small boat. Absolute joy to ride in clean, lined-up surf with a little power to it, and will accelerate when put hard on rail at the bottom of a hollow section. Of course, just about everything is an absolute joy to ride in clean, lined-up surf with a little power to it and accelerates when put hard of rail at the bottom of a hollow section. Also an absolute joy to take to Lowers and sit ten feet outside of everybody and take every set wave that comes in thanks to the obscene paddle advantage while cackling at the shithead pros, shithead wannabe pros, shithead Brazilians, shithead San Clemente groms that rode down on their $1800 electric bikes, shithead parents that are filming them, and any other shitheads that happened to make their way into the lineup. Sparks sheer terror in the eyes of all the aforementioned as they scramble out of roadkill range while the board effortlessly jumps into trim and threatens to annihilate all in its path.

You want this board. I like it too, but the company I work for went under, I'm vacating Huntington Beach for unknown shores, and I need to own fewer than however many boards I have right now. I really don't mind throwing it in my parents' garage for a few years until I want to ride it again, but they will, and it deserves to get wet on a regular basis.

Located in Huntington Beach. Open to interesting offers, especially for a trade of a sick twin or fish (other than a Mackie sidecut fish) but offering me the asking price in cash and then showing up to pick it up is the most interesting of all.

IMG_20200503_140120.jpgIMG_20200503_140211.jpg

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
this would be a great board to get back into surfing after 3 months off

Indeed.
Or 12 months..
I was eyeing it, but can't convince myself to part with $700 right now.

Some clarification though... It was shaped by Skip or it's a Skip Frye model?

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
Indeed.
Or 12 months..
I was eyeing it, but can't convince myself to part with $700 right now.

Some clarification though... It was shaped by Skip or it's a Skip Frye model?
I said $700, not $2700...

Board is a G&S. No idea who actually shaped it. Bird told me it was one of Skip's old templates, but I assume someone else did the mowing. The fin is a Skip-branded fin.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Need width and thickness.

I would hotrod it.

Since Skip didn't shape it I feel like that wouldn't be sacrilegious.

Bonzer 3 that thing.

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
Need width and thickness.

I would hotrod it.

Since Skip didn't shape it I feel like that wouldn't be sacrilegious.

Bonzer 3 that thing.
Hmm. If I get bored of it, I'll drag it up to VTA and let you do it.

I would estimate the width and thickness at 22 and 3. It's in a board sock at the moment and I'm too lazy to pull it out to see if the numbers are written on the stringer. I don't remember them being there.

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
Board is now located in San Diego for the time being if anyone down here wants a crack at it.