6'9 Ray Finlay Stepup

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
The joys of ordering a board locally.
Had a great chat with Ray about what I was after, and he's seen me surf so knows how good I am not. Made a cash downpayment, and 2 weeks later my phone beeped: "Ya board's ready!"
Stopped on my way back from the arvo surf and picked it up. More cash changed hands. Got a tour of the shaping bay and glassing room, talked boards for half an hour, patted the dogs. Was given a t-shirt and two bars of wax.

Shitty phone pics from my ancient iPhone 6 which turns everything more orange. It's bright yellow. 6'9 x 20 1/8 x 2 3/4

Toobz

OTF status
Oct 8, 2013
South Oz.
That’s looks sick mate! Any deets on the bottom contours?

Got to be happy with the build times, this and the Keogh were done super quick. Better order another one while you’re on a roll:p.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aruka

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
I'm done now, Toobz :)

Sold 5 boards and ordered those two. Wallet is happy - quiver is sorted.

It's a subtle single to double to slight vee off the fins. Quite low rails, and nicely foiled, but overall nothing extreme. My idea was for a board that'd handle 2xOH days at the points (when you often have to be able to duckdive efficiently to avoid disaster on the rocks), but also be fun to just carve on OH days (with larger fins). By my calculations it's about 39-40L.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I'm done now, Toobz :)

Sold 5 boards and ordered those two. Wallet is happy - quiver is sorted.

It's a subtle single to double to slight vee off the fins. Quite low rails, and nicely foiled, but overall nothing extreme. My idea was for a board that'd handle 2xOH days at the points (when you often have to be able to duckdive efficiently to avoid disaster on the rocks), but also be fun to just carve on OH days (with larger fins). By my calculations it's about 39-40L.
What quad set you going to run?

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Last edited:

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Rode the board twice last week in solid OH waves, and it went really well. Was very happy how easy it was to adapt to. Captain McCallum quads.

Today I took it out in smaller waves (OH outside, chest high inside), with AM2 fronts and Future flat pivot rears (medium). Super fast and alive for such a big board.

Got one solid barrel that I was never going to make it out of, but it was big, blue and glassy.