6'4" Stamps GXRT – $250 – OC/LA

therarebirdshow

OTF status
Jan 28, 2013
www.amazon.com
Sweet step up or bigger guy shortboard from the erbbs favorite – Big Time Timmy Jim Stamps.

Good volume under the chest with a pulled in tail, so it paddles like a champ and handles real waves. Bought as a half-step when I lived in the Bay Area, but I'm looking for something a little smaller now that I'm back down south (kicking myself for not buying @waxurDyl's Ghost because I had this board, cause that's what I'm planning on replacing it with now).

6'4" x 20 x 2.5 x 34.2L

One repaired ding up by the nose on the underside from duck diving into the reef when I got cleaned up on the inside at Rockies. Deck is in great shape, some foot wells and light spidering on the tail.

I'll get more pics up after I finish cleaning a misguided, aftermarket posca pen paint job I put on the nose rails.

Located in Long Beach, CA

Attachments

Reactions: oeste858

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
You guys get it!

@oeste858 I put in an order for a 6'2" Dark Arts
Nice! did you ask for any heavier glassing or anything to add weight for bigger swell? I felt up SBD's DA last week and I'm shocked how light those builds are. I remember Tony at DA was mentioning some tricks guys do to add a little weight for good wave boars in carbon. He said even a front pad would help

Last edited:
Reactions: silentbutdeadly

therarebirdshow

OTF status
Jan 28, 2013
www.amazon.com
Nice! did you ask for any heavier glassing or anything to add weight for bigger swell? I felt up SBD's DA last week and I'm shocked how light those builds are.
Fuck they're crazy light, huh?? I snagged a used DA Shadow a little while back and was tripped out when I first picked it up. But I've been stoked on it. Doesn't feel noticeably light when I'm riding, even through chop. That gave me the confidence to order the Ghost, no added weight.

I'm trying to be smarter about what I ride when. So the plan is to max this out at DOH, then move onto a more appropriately sized board when it gets bigger. Hopefully I can actually hold myself to that.