5'6 Tomo V4 - handshape for Travis Logie

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Very fun board. Nice high performance dims.
5'6 x 18 1/4 x 2 1/4 x 24.5L.

Rare true handshape from Tomo.

Reactions: PRCD

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Lol. Da fuq is the difference between a handshape and a TRUE handshape.
It means its not some fake or phony handshape from a ghost shaper or hand finished. It was "truly" shaped by Dan.

Its the board under Logie's left arm.

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
so all other, non popout, boards from Tomo are fake and phoney Tomo's :unsure:
I didnt say that... :shameonyou:

Not a fake or phony "Tomo", but a fake or phone "handshape". Its pretty rare to get a completely handshaped board by Tomo (or any other big time shaper) because the machines are so good now. But this board was from about 8 years ago, and to my knowledge was "handshaped" for Travis Logie by Tomo himself.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
I didnt say that... :shameonyou:

Not a fake or phony "Tomo", but a fake or phone "handshape". Its pretty rare to get a completely handshaped board by Tomo (or any other big time shaper) because the machines are so good now. But this board was from about 8 years ago, and to my knowledge was "handshaped" for Travis Logie by Tomo himself.
So you know he was not using a machine to pre cut his blanks 8years ago.
I had several of his boards at that time and they were not that hard to order. Machines were widely used and he seems to have no problem utilizing technology.
Big assumption for marginal advertising gain.

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
The ad says "Awesome board! Hardly any use," so the awesomeness is in being a collectors item rather than a board that's awesome to use? :p

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
So you know he was not using a machine to pre cut his blanks 8years ago.
I had several of his boards at that time and they were not that hard to order. Machines were widely used and he seems to have no problem utilizing technology.
Big assumption for marginal advertising gain.
again... i didnt say this this board was cut "not using a machine" from 8 years ago.

I said it was carefully "handshaped" by Tomo for Logie.

Quit kicking the tires... you're obviously not interested. Seems like you're looking for an argument. :trout:

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
again... i didnt say this this board was cut "not using a machine" from 8 years ago.

I said it was carefully "handshaped" by Tomo for Logie.

Quit kicking the tires... you're obviously not interested. Seems like you're looking for an argument. :trout:
I am just trying to get a clear statement from you. Misleading advertising is not cool.

So now you say it was a ‘completely handshaped’ which means, could have been precut, even though you don’t really know and the machines are much better now, but finished by Tomo.
That is not rare for an 8 year old board.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
You've lost me... i dont know what the heck you are talking about and you seem to be reading what you want to read.

I never said this particular board was "completely handshaped". I said "Its pretty rare to get a completely handshaped board by Tomo (or any other big time shaper) because the machines are so good now."

This board was carefully handshaped for a pro surfer. Its was not machined and finished by a ghotst.
Its for sale for $200 bucks! Not a lot of money. No misleading advertising... :crazy2:

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Do you even know how to read your own writing? Don’t answer that because I don’t think you understand the question.

So this board is not completely handshaped.
I would say at any point getting a completely handshaped board from him would be very rare. When I was ordering from him he called himself more of a designer than a shaper.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
A handshape is a board that was shaped by hand. No shaping machine used.

And a board shaped by machine and then scrubbed by a shaper is not a handshape.

So is it a handshape or not? How do you know?

Last edited:

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
I am still stuck on the difference between carefully handshaked and just an everyday handshake.

Do you have to specify on the order, and pay extra, or is this a Brobrah thing?