500 legal scholars agree: Trumby should be impeached.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
"...1,350,000 lawyers in the USA"

A lawyer is not the same thing as a legal scholar. Continually grasping at straws, you are, most of which seem to have come from the horse stall.
There are roughly 10,000 full time law school professors in the US. I'm not sure whether they all consider themselves 'scholars' since much of a JD education is pretty mundane.
OK then, 5% of law professors are ITMFA hat wearers.

How surprised should we be about that?

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
OK then, 5% of law professors are ITMFA hat wearers.

How surprised should we be about that?
if those 500 were saying trump is the greatest thing to happen to America you’d be the OP singing a different tune. You know this is true.

how surprised do you think we should be about that?

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
The sad thing is, it seems this country is now being steered by the whims of Trump's (and therefore the Republican's) poorly educated base. Even the Democratic Party seems to be kowtowing to swing state voters.

As Bill Buckley used say (only half jokingly)- I'd rather be governed by the first few hundred names out of the Massachusetts phone book than the faculty at Harvard.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
if those 500 were saying trump is the greatest thing to happen to America you’d be the OP singing a different tune. You know this is true.

how surprised do you think we should be about that?
Sorry to burst your bubble, wouldn't give 2 shits about it either.

It's so insignificant it's not even a +/- tolerance in statistical error.

I don't love Trump like you guys did Obama and Hillary.

He's just a bitter pill to swallow to disrupt the status quo.

Dems never like upsetting their corrupt apple cart.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Sorry to burst your bubble, wouldn't give 2 shits about it either.

It's so insignificant it's not even a +/- tolerance in statistical error.

I don't love Trump like you guys did Obama and Hillary.

He's just a bitter pill to swallow to disrupt the status quo.

Dems never like upsetting their corrupt apple cart.
I’m calling bullshit.

I didn’t love Obama, and my feelings for Hillary are the complete opposite of love.

but otherwise a whole lot of “my team is as pure as the wind driven snow” malarkey.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Jimmy Dore (again) on the legal scholars who testified last week

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
The American Bar Association always endorses democrat candidates and consistently opposes republican judicial nominees so it should come as no surprise that a bunch of self proclaimed legal scholars would be a bunch of leftist pigs.

doubleup

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 18, 2019
"Degree is no measure of intelligence"

You have a better measure, Ifellato?
Getting a degree requires applying oneself to a course of study designed, in nearly every instance, to challenge the intellect, to develop reasoning, to distinguish fact from fiction and absorb evidence based, scientifically verifiable information. Those seeking higher education typically begin learning long before entering a degree program, because you don't get accepted to such a program otherwise.
Scrolling through the list of 500 legal scholars who signed the letter, I come up with roughly one in five of them as distinguished law faculty, holding eminent, chaired positions within their respective law schools.
Disregarding the opinion of the highly accomplished, the demonstrably intelligent, the widely experienced and capable among the population leaves you with what? Con men, thugs, sycophants and celebrities to run things?
There are countries that are run that way. Maybe you should spend some time in one or more to see how it's working out for their citizens.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
The assertion of an intellectual aristocracy is what got the left into the position it is right now.

Q: "Hey, you auto mechanic or Taco Bell manager - you need to STFU and do what you're told by your betters"
A: "Uhh, how about you go fck yourself?"

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
"Degree is no measure of intelligence"

You have a better measure, Ifellato?
Getting a degree requires applying oneself to a course of study designed, in nearly every instance, to challenge the intellect, to develop reasoning, to distinguish fact from fiction and absorb evidence based, scientifically verifiable information. Those seeking higher education typically begin learning long before entering a degree program, because you don't get accepted to such a program otherwise.
Scrolling through the list of 500 legal scholars who signed the letter, I come up with roughly one in five of them as distinguished law faculty, holding eminent, chaired positions within their respective law schools.
Disregarding the opinion of the highly accomplished, the demonstrably intelligent, the widely experienced and capable among the population leaves you with what? Con men, thugs, sycophants and celebrities to run things?
There are countries that are run that way. Maybe you should spend some time in one or more to see how it's working out for their citizens.
The Degree'd Barista's at my local Starbucks are all exceedingly intelligent.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
The assertion of an intellectual aristocracy is what got the left into the position it is right now.

Q: "Hey, you auto mechanic or Taco Bell manager - you need to STFU and do what you're told by your betters"
A: "Uhh, how about you go fck yourself?"
have noticed it is becoming more and more common for people in those positions to refer to customers as "boss".

It's probably not cool to answer back by calling them "worker", is it?

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Now that you mention it I think you might be right. I always thought that "boss" thing came from prison culture.