5 dead, 18 injured in Colorado nightclub shooting....

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Why? Honest question.

Because they have more money behind them?
journalistic standards. claims that can be cross-referenced and verified. there are plenty of organizations who can generally be trusted to provide accurate reporting...balance it out, the truth typically lies somewhere in the middle.

there are practically no reasons to trust anything on social media that is being posted by a anonymous account that doesn't substantiate claims.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
journalistic standards. claims that can be cross-referenced and verified. there are plenty of organizations who can generally be trusted to provide accurate reporting...balance it out, the truth typically lies somewhere in the middle.

there are practically no reasons to trust anything on social media that is being posted by a anonymous account that doesn't substantiate claims.
Except it's proven daily that there are no journalistic standards, and cross-referencing and verification is largely a thing of the past

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
If you think disarming the common people leads to a peaceful society you really are a special sort of stupid. History is not on your side here.
If you think arming everyone leads to a peaceful society you really are a special sort of stupid.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
That kid was born with two strikes. The miracle would have been if he was not in some kind of profound trouble before age 25.

Re the nonbinary they/them stuff, is there any record of this pre-arrest or is this just his attorneys trying to maneuver their way around the hate crime charges?

Reactions: need 4 speed

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
What about disarming criminals and imminent fuckups?
Now we're getting somewhere. Please explain for me how you go about "disarming criminals and imminent fuckups". How exactly do you disarm criminals and prevent them from getting the means to commit their crime of choice? Do you realize by any chance that criminals are not particularly confined by laws?

I believe in locking them up for long periods of time, executing them if their crime warrants and if by disarming you mean literally removing arms......I could be persuaded. :devilish:

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Now we're getting somewhere. Please explain for me how you go about "disarming criminals and imminent fuckups". How exactly do you disarm criminals and prevent them from getting the means to commit their crime of choice? Do you realize by any chance that criminals are not particularly confined by laws?

I believe in locking them up for long periods of time, executing them if their crime warrants and if by disarming you mean literally removing arms......I could be persuaded. :devilish:
Probably via many things you wouldn't like.

National registry and you register every damn gun you have or it's 10 years per count. If you're a law-abiding citizen, this shouldn't be a problem.

Comprehensive background checks that take HIPAA protections off the table.

Psychiatric evaluations

Drug and alcohol testing

Commit a crime while in possession of a gun and it's an extra 10 year minimum.

Problem is you kinda start edging into fascism with this and I haven't even really gotten started. Hard part is to eliminate the black market flow and respective massive inventory fueling it.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
That kid was born with two strikes. The miracle would have been if he was not in some kind of profound trouble before age 25.

Re the nonbinary they/them stuff, is there any record of this pre-arrest or is this just his attorneys trying to maneuver their way around the hate crime charges?
Doesn’t matter. The moment you decide you are another gender nobody is allowed to question it :shameonyou:

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Except it's proven daily that there are no journalistic standards, and cross-referencing and verification is largely a thing of the past
Says the guy who posts Daily Fail articles, a known right wing trash tabloid.

There are plenty of reliable, independent sources with journalistic ethic that provide plain information.

The problem is that none of them stroke your biases.

You are so far down the echo chamber, you don't even know what's up and what's down anymore.