5 dead, 18 injured in Colorado nightclub shooting....

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
So I'm looking at a person's ID, which says male. I correctly circled is/he/his pronouns on the signature acknowledgment that I must certify and sign under penalty of purgery under the laws of the state of California. He looks at the paperwork and says I've misgendered him and I have to change the document to is/she/her. What are my rights? Do I commit the felony and change the pronouns or ignore the signer's request?

schex

Miki Dora status
Jun 9, 2015
OB/Point Loma
So I'm looking at a person's ID, which says male. I correctly circled is/he/his pronouns on the signature acknowledgment that I must certify and sign under penalty of purgery under the laws of the state of California. He looks at the paperwork and says I've misgendered him and I have to change the document to is/she/her. What are my rights? Do I commit the felony and change the pronouns or ignore the signer's request?
Damn Joe - You are a Notary Public - not a grantor of requests.
I'm guessing you are being a bit sarcastic?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
My guess is as a professional notary you should do your research beyond idiots of the ErBB so you can approach this scenario with the proper professionalism and knowledge next time it presents itself. I imagine when it comes to legally binding documents they’d have to change that with the state records before you can address it but I’m not really sure. Legal docs aren’t about feelings or respect, they have to be done properly.

Reactions: schex

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Stand for your right to take away other people's rights!
1669152279757.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: $kully

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
For years men gave women the path to being fully objectified, there was a large cultural rally against this.
I guess everything comes full circle.
Exactly. Pendulum is a bitch.

Also, it's funny how quickly people who are up in arms over these issues forget that every new generation went thru this, including themselves.

There was a time in the 60s when men who wore long hair were considered freaks, feminine and that it signified the end of decency and morality as we know it.

Same happened with Elvis shaking his hips, 60s sexual liberation, punk, rap, Millenials, video games .....

Being a Karen is not a new phenomenon.

It's just bizarre that people like ifailalot who make fun of boomer thinking, don't realize that they are the biggest boomer Karens in existence.

Reactions: mundus

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
I can't think of a legal document that would be impacted by leaving the gender identification section blank.

Do you have a specific example of where/when this occurred?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
It’s not weird at all. Lesbians want to be with women. Men are trying to shoehorn their way into the mix by masquerading as women. And they are aggressive about it.

They are aggressive because they are men.
My family friend Aubrey who used to be Brett is still with her girlfriend of over a decade. I never asked but I guess that makes them a lesbian couple, but who cares as long as they’re happy right?

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Black on black crime rarely makes national news because it’s just not news worthy.
In what instance would people in California care what color a murder victim in North Carolina was?

Mass shootings are news because they're scary and somewhat rare and very random. Most individual murders are not random at all.

Reactions: plasticbertrand

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Exactly. Pendulum is a bitch.

Also, it's funny how quickly people who are up in arms over these issues forget that every new generation went thru this, including themselves.

There was a time in the 60s when men who wore long hair were considered freaks, feminine and that it signified the end of decency and morality as we know it.

Same happened with Elvis shaking his hips, 60s sexual liberation, punk, rap, Millenials, video games .....

Being a Karen is not a new phenomenon.

It's just bizarre that people like ifailalot who make fun of boomer thinking, don't realize that they are the biggest boomer Karens in existence.
Pathological lack of self awareness,or complete dishonesty.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
In what instance would people in California care what color a murder victim in North Carolina was?

Mass shootings are news because they're scary and somewhat rare and very random. Most individual murders are not random at all.
How often is white on white crime mentioned?

Reactions: plasticbertrand