5’2” Handshaped Moontail Twin fish $275

Dec 23, 2018
Venice California
100% handshaped surfboard. 5’2” 19 3/4” 2 1/4” around 26 Liters.
Slight pressures and one small crack on the nose rail from hitting my thigh but watertight.
USblanks 2.0 solarmade blank

Knifey down rails engage and drive you out of turns instead of corking out. Fluted single wing lets you turn tighter and get more vertical. Single to double with slight Vee out gives you total control. Drivey effortless twin fin speed. Flat deck to hide a a little extra foam and make it easier to paddle into waves.

Amazing glass job done at mangiagli. Poly 6oz+4ozS-glass+6oz with gloss polish finish. Artwork is under the glass

Very fast and rippable. Add a traction pad with kick at the tail to squeeze more HP out of the board.

Round nose gets you in early and also gives you the rail line of a much longer board. Tons of drive and makes sections with ease. Also helps getting into mushy/fat waves but the board really lights up at wedged up beach breaks/barrels. Paddles great! Flat rocker+twin fin setup gives you instant speed to burn. Turns on a dime and holds very well. Surfs like a HP short board but much more user friendly because you don’t have to work for your speed. Feels very natural and responsive. Surfs really good backside too!

No fins included but I suggest running the futures Akila aipa or EN twins. Board works in 2ft-OH+. Perfect daily driver for the lighter surfer or grom.

275$ OBO. Cash or venmo only. Local pick up in Los Angeles.

video of friend surfing the board with a broken/loose fin cracked at the base(less drive)
http://instagr.am/p/B9IcxfFni6e/ 2775CD4B-2B93-45C8-BAF9-2EFB666455BC.jpeg
20295F74-F023-4B21-BD46-642763D10397.jpeg
AD3490D5-305A-4E30-9736-92C605D4E3EC.jpeg
9A70A1B4-5710-43E4-BDB1-F9C5C8231998.jpeg4D2A6A3D-EE74-4000-B0CF-3F5D75E2AEF7.jpeg
DBDF2C05-DCCA-4CF9-8FE3-D0FF7BC8B2DA.jpeg

broken fin barely holding on by the last bridge
D21B3E50-E1DE-46BF-B876-480A4AD8118A.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Waterlogged05

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
Just a friendly suggestion: don’t ever show vids or pics of your product with broken or faulty parts- it raises questions about your product that didn’t exist before you shared them - doesn’t matter that it has nothing to do with your product. You’ll scare potential buyers away.

Reactions: kookEcho
Dec 23, 2018
Venice California
Just a friendly suggestion: don’t ever show vids or pics of your product with broken or faulty parts- it raises questions about your product that didn’t exist before you shared them - doesn’t matter that it has nothing to do with your product. You’ll scare potential buyers away.
Thanks. It’s just the only clip I had of the board in action but realized the fin was broken after my buddy tried It cause he told me one fin was loose. I put in a set of ENs after and surfed it at a racey point just fine. Did one of the best turns I’ve ever done too. My other friend was surprised I made the drop and hacked it at the end section.

Reactions: Swallow Tail

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
Thanks. It’s just the only clip I had of the board in action but realized the fin was broken after my buddy tried It cause he told me one fin was loose. I put in a set of ENs after and surfed it at a racey point just fine. Did one of the best turns I’ve ever done too. My other friend was surprised I made the drop and hacked it at the end section.
I’m making no judgement on your board - Glad it goes well! I design, manufacture and sell things (diff industry) for a long time- so speaking from experience, and what I wrote above is solid advice.

Reactions: kookEcho