4/3 recommendations

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Who wants to send a wetsuit in to get serviced?

Meanwhile you're drydocked or left with a shitty old suit.

Seems silly.
You don’t have two suits? You’re missing out, man.

I don’t care how quick a suit dries, if you surf at sunset and plan to go out again at dawn, that suit is going to suck putting back on.

I don’t mean foot in bag hard to put on, I mean feeling the shrinking pepis hard to put on.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach

I don’t care how quick a suit dries, if you surf at sunset and plan to go out again at dawn, that suit is going to suck putting back on.

I don’t mean foot in bag hard to put on, I mean feeling the shrinking pepis hard to put on.
Turn suit inside out and hang over balcony railing upon arrival at crib. Sleep. Wake up, put hot water in jugs as per cold session usual. Turn wetsuit rightside out, put full jugs inside wetsuit of one night's dryness. Hot water in jugs transfers heat to wet wetsuit with higher specific heat than dry wetsuit. Put on wetsuit that's basically been thoroughly pre-pissed. Contemplate profit and victory.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

I usually just use a box fan to dry overnight.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Turn suit inside out and hang over balcony railing upon arrival at crib. Sleep. Wake up, put hot water in jugs as per cold session usual. Turn wetsuit rightside out, put full jugs inside wetsuit of one night's dryness. Hot water in jugs transfers heat to wet wetsuit with higher specific heat than dry wetsuit. Put on wetsuit that's basically been thoroughly pre-pissed. Contemplate profit and victory.
Throw suit in dryer on high for 5 minutes. Works like a charm. ;)

Reactions: MathDebater

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Dehumidifier.

Works way better than fan.

Hang suit in shower, leave shower door open, run dehumidifier in bathroom and close the bathroom door.

Only downside is hot, wetsuit smelling bathroom in the process but small sacrifice for a dry wetstuit.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
$300 is a small price to pay for a second wetsuit.

im not cool enough to put on a moist wetsuit at dawn. box fan, dehumidifier or balcony be dammed.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Go to some weird "surf shop" you've driven by 100 times and never considered going into before. Ask if they have any xl 4/3s. If so, try it on. If it fits, buy it.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
No love for the Hang Air? Use that in a warm bathroom you can have a dry suit in 4 hrs.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
No love for the Hang Air? Use that in a warm bathroom you can have a dry suit in 4 hrs.
Dude, it's a product other than board, trunks/wetsuit, or fins.

Holy sh!t the erBB is going to light this post up.

Most self-respecting surfers tame a vicious bald eagle with ungloved hands and have it flap to dry off their wetsuit.

You are going to need several RinseKits to wash off the ilking you are about to receive.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Dude, it's a product other than board, trunks/wetsuit, or fins.

Holy sh!t the erBB is going to light this post up.

Most self-respecting surfers tame a vicious bald eagle with ungloved hands and have it flap to dry off their wetsuit.

You are going to need several RinseKits to wash off the ilking you are about to receive.
Oh well, such is life.

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Personally, I found the Hang Air was kinda useless for drying heavy, hard to dry 4/3 and 5/4 Drylocks. I gave to a friend.

For me a dehumidifier is way better and has other uses too. It actually pulls the water out of the air and the tank fills up.

And yeah, I don't really want to put on a wet 5/4 when it's 35 degrees out.